phone in black tank--will it get worse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DougJ said:
Well folks, not to drag this story out, but I've got to tell you I've not heard the phone in the black tank ringing, so I guess nobody is trying to make a dirty phone call to me.  Should I say I'm disappointed? ???

Doug, I know someone else who always ends their messages whith Ciao, you are in good company
(Anne McCaffery author, creator of the PERN series of books)

You won't hear the phone in the tank ring.  When you got you new phone they re-assigned your number to it

My Darling wife was in the "Man's store" & decided to go to the bathroom while I roamed around wide eyed & endlessly through all the tools.  She took an unusually long time to do her deed, even longer that my endless wandering did.  I was beginning to wonder what happened to her.  She finally came walking up to me with her sheepish little OPPS grin.  Turns out that while she was pulling up her pants her key chain & keys (truck, clicker, cars, house, RV, etc) fell out of her pocket & into the bowl.  Instinctively she spun around to grab them but before she could reach in....SAHHH-WhOOOSHHHH there went the auto flusher.  Alas we have never seen those keys again,  The Home Depo folks responded to her cries of distress (mostly at living this down to me)  but said they had no way to check the traps.  Ironic isn't it, that a store like this can't do any plumbing work? 
Still, I wonder what would have happened had she reached in and then triggered the auto flush, would I still be laughing hysterically at the woman with her arm sucked down the toilet to her shoulder while the fire dept freed her  :D  Moral of the story, watch out for those auto flushers too, they can get hungry!
Blessings
V&S

You won't hear the phone in the tank ring.  When you got you new phone they re-assigned your number to it

I know, John, but pretending it will makes for a good story ;).

Ciao,

Doug

Doug, I know what you mean, (Hope springs eternal)

Vince, I never thought of that danger with the auto-flushers

I keep telling Home Depot and Lowes that they have missed a marketing boat

What they need to do is stock a line of high quality, high performance toilets (yes, there are such things, I sit on one often) and then install one in each stall instead of those industrial,  A differnet model in each stall

Then on the inside door of the stall a sign  "You are sitting on a ___(make)__. ___(model)__

It features the following features 

Feature

Feature

(you get the idea)

Toilets such as this are found in isle "n"

Part number 12345678 (Or whatever)

Considering how much better a high-performance unit flushes as compared to your standard "American Standard" or equivlent which you can buy down at the True Value..... I think they would sell well

Well folks, I can promise you that this IS my final post on this matter of my phone in the black tank.

Today I dumped the tank and heard what sounded like a thump of a solid object going by.  Of course, I didn't see it, and so I wasn't quite convinced.

When I unhooked the hose, out popped the phone.

So, while I don't know how the rig feels now that the phone is passed, I can tell you that passing the phone has left me feeling very relieved. :)

Ciao,

Doug

Congrats Doug. That must be the scoop of the day  ;D

HooRay  Another job well done.  If it were to work that sure would be a Sh****ty call, I bet. If it was an insured phone please wash it one more time before returning.  LOL

Does this mean we are going to have a CPT, similar to the TPT, to determine which cell phone dissolves fastest :D :D

Does this mean we are going to have a CPT, similar to the TPT, to determine which cell phone dissolves fastest

Well, Bernie, this may turn into a form of personality test: ie, whose bile is strongest, as in most acidic> :p

Doug

Or who else is willing to admit to it.

Last summer at a bluegrass fest my friend recorded some of the jamming.,  He loaned his digital player to another who listened to it, stopped at the facility and then dropped it in.  She was embarrassed to say the least.  The recorder actually survived the ordeal, fortunately the yank on the earbud cord rescued it from being flushed, and with it inserted there was precious little liquid (shall we say), intrusion.  He had it running on a short time, much to the relief of our mutual riend who shall remain nameless...

Okay, guys, we have another one for you.  Here we are in Rocky Harbour, Newfoundland.  This little event happened this morning and I wasn't up yet.  Early bird Jerry was walking by the toilet room and before he knew it, his wris****ch band had broken and his watch landed smartly in the toilet.  Quick as a flash he grabbed it out and washed it with LOTS of soap and water.  Luckily the bowl wasn't as dirty as it could have been.  ;D  As of bedtime this evening, his trusty Timex watch is still ticking but minus its band.  So very, very thankful we didn't have to wait for it to work its way out the hard way.  :D :D

ArdraF and JerryF too

I'm guessing Jerry was talking when the watch flew off his wrist??? Had the toilet been less clean, I don't think I'd have wanted the watch back......unless it was a Rolex.

As John Cameron Swayz used to say on radio and television, "Timex takes a licken and keeps a ticken."

JerryF

LOL, somehow I missed this thread first time around.

There would not be any happy endings if those accidental missiles had to travel through my macerator.  :D

Early bird Jerry was walking by the toilet room and before he knew it, his wris****ch band had broken and his watch landed smartly in the toilet.  Quick as a flash he grabbed it out and washed it with LOTS of soap and water.  Luckily the bowl wasn't as dirty as it could have been.  Grin 

What a wimp, Jerry.  The real test is to have it go right down deep into the black tank!

Ciao,

Doug

DougJ,

The watch is still running and I bought a new expansion band.  I thought of boiling it but two or three soap washings did the job.

JerryF

Jerry & Ardra

While you are in Rocky Harbour, don't miss eating at Earls Convenience Store, Video and Restaurant. That's the name of the shop but we had the best meal we had on Newfoundland island. We kept on ordering similar items (fishermens' brewis and fishcakes) and none of the rest came closel.

A local suggested it and she was right on. It is at the far end of town and the main street.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom