1999 Prowler electric brakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

75dually

Hi all
Can anyone tell me on a 1999 Prowler where I would find the wires for the brakes? i see them coming out the brake back plates then along the chassis, then they disappear into the the covering underneath of the trailer, right by the fresh water tank, i've looked inside the trailer but can't locate them, i guess they run between the floor and the covering under the trailer but I can't see where they exit, the plug up front for the lights ect has been converted to a UK plug by previous owners
Phil

Usually they run through the umbilical cord to the 7 pin connector.  If this has been changed to one with less wires, look close to where the cord enters the trailer.  There should be a junction box or service cover underneath the trailer.

Thanks Lou
Found the wire, it is a big fat blue one, it has been cut off??? dunno how they have been stopping the trailer for the last 13 years lol
When i took the cover off under the caravan there are 2 small electrical components one of which has a wire cut off, not sure what they are but i will take a photo and post it if that's possible on here :)

Regards

Phil

This is the other wire that has been cut off inside the service cover under the trailer, the red loops from one to the other but the blacks been cut, the other end goes to where the trailer plugs into your tow vehicle.

Attachments

• 391628_409763322424711_1082393322_n.jpg
    391628_409763322424711_1082393322_n.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 21
Any idea what the black wire was for? it is a pretty hefty wire, larger than the rest and it went to the umbilical cord originally but it's cut off at that end too. I powered up the blue wire and  the wheels wont turn so looks like the brakes are working apart from being disconnected :)

I'm wondering if a PO had problems with a shorted/defective magnet(s) or a brake locked on and did not know quite how to troubleshoot the problem but chose to cut the wires instead.

The brake wire (blue) was cut off when they put the UK lighting socket on the umbilical, the cut black wire is what i'm asking about now, thanks

There is no true standard for trailer wire colors, but black (or red) is typically used for the battery charge feed.  Blue is usually brakes (as yours is) and green/yellow/brown are for standard US stop/tail/turn  lighting. White is normally ground.

Here is a web site that shows common trailer wiring

http://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx

Ahhh so it could be charging lead, all the rest are messed up as we have amber indicators which are separate from the red tail/brake lights

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom