The Best Diesel Pushers On The Road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolf Pack Fan

This is one of those opinion things, without the buttons.  Be cute, be serious, it doesn't matter.  I just want to know what folks opinions are of the the best diesel pushers on the road, whether they're still being made or otherwise.  Here's my opinion.

Prevost (Marathon, Millenium, Renegade)
Newall
Newmar
Monaco (Dynasty and higher)

I'd rank Fleetwood American Dreams hight too, though I'm not sure they make them anymore.

All great rigs.  I drove tour bus and the cream of the crop there was the Prevost.  But I would accept a Newell in a heartbeat of one was offered.

Wolf Pack Fan said:
This is one of those opinion things, without the buttons.  Be cute, be serious, it doesn't matter.  I just want to know what folks opinions are of the the best diesel pushers on the road, whether they're still being made or otherwise.  Here's my opinion.

Prevost (Marathon, Millenium, Renegade)
Newall
Newmar
Monaco (Dynasty and higher)

I'd rank Fleetwood American Dreams hight too, though I'm not sure they make them anymore.

Good start.  I am overall still very happy with our 2003 Dynasty even after five years of ownership now.  I love the way it tows our enclosed trailer.  It is plush but doesn't have some of the bells/whistles that others have.

I would also add Foretravel to your list.  If we ever decide to step up that will be on our short list.

Mike.

The best diesel pusher around is mine.  It's paid for and does what I need. 10,000 to 12,000 miles per year.

Bago said:
The best diesel pusher around is mine.  It's paid for and does what I need. 10,000 to 12,000 miles per year.

I agree....Mine does what I need and goes where I want...and I own it ...

George

Wolf, the toughest part of this question is everyones opinion of what is "best" differs considerably.
Our best was the 03 Horizon we have. We love the floor plan, the Cat engine and the FL chassis. Most of the more expensive ones we looked at just had a bit fancier stuff like cabinets, trim and fake fireplaces, none of which meant anything to us. The thing that closed the deal for us was how well it was taken care of.
I say go out and look, you'll know the "best" when you see it!  ;)

I'll have to agree with Bago as far as being paid for and for the yearly mileage we drive, so I will stay with Bluebirds for that reason as well as the fact that they are all steel except for the front and rear end caps.

Lee

Even though I'm on my 3rd Bluebird- Foretravel is another coach. I just put flooring in an American Eagle. That coach is really nice.

I guess the best one for us is the one my DW likes well enough to buy it.  After that it's just opinions that will change with every passing day.  There will be bigger ones, faster ones, smaller ones, older ones, newer ones... etc but "best" is hard to know since it is a judgement call and on that basis it just depends on the current situation.  The best one when fuel is twenty bucks a gallon probably won't be the best one when fuel is thirty bucks a gallon...maybe the best one is the one you can afford to buy and operate?

The best one is the one that suits "your" needs.  Length, floor plan, price, etc.  On your list should be by all means a Tiffin, one of the top motorhome builders around. 

I appreciate the continued replies folks.  I understand the best for me is what meets my needs.  I totally understand that.  And you'll get no argument from me that the best might be the one you own outright.  That's a sweet thing to have there!  I only made the post to get folks opinions of build quality of a variety of coaches.  One of those penny for your thoughts things.  It means nothing, I just wanted opinions.

Wolf Pack Fan said:
  One of those penny for your thoughts things.  It means nothing, I just wanted opinions.

A penny is about all mine is worth.  Here is one more thought.  It seems like each manufacturer has an entry level and a top of the line or flagship model.  That said, there also seems to be in each manufacturer one model that is built on the flagship chassis with most all of the heavy duty (nuts and bolts) equipment yet maybe a few less bells and whistles (fluff).  I also know there are people that absolutely must have the top of the line no matter what.  That is great and there is nothing wrong with that.  I personally seem to fall somewhere in the middle of the row.  When we were looking I wanted the chassis/drivetrain/construction of the higher end models but didn't feel like the wife and I needed all of the "fluff".  Items like the tiered ceilings, power window shades, pneumatic pocket doors, etc.  We wanted the nuts and bolts to be of the highest construction/grade we could afford yet the niceties could be a little less abundance.

We ended up falling in love with the Monaco Dynasty after finding it had just what we were looking for.  Granted a Signature or Executive would have been great but we were able to get a few years newer coach a couple of models down and still have the items we felt like were on our "must have" list as well as nearly everything on our "wants" list.

Just another opinion, or a pennies worth for that matter.

Mike.

I just put 10% down for my 2014 Itasca Solei 38R (Bunk house, 340 Turbo Diesel, 2500 Alison trany). The list price was $220K negotiated to $162K including a few items to be transferred from the traded in coach (like the wire harnesses for Remco lube pump, Fantastic fan covers, Toad charger rewiring etc.)

Test drove it feels very powerful and very comfortable compared to the Goergetown 352 QS XL. Haven't picked up the new coach yet.

Thanks

Add Country Coach and Travel Supreme to the list as well, both high end builders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom