L.E.D.'s for lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

I just converted my motorcyle rear lights to all LED, they are so much more noticeable than the incandescent.  How about for the RV?  Anyone try this?  Friend switched his 12v ceiling lights to LED, they were OK, but being directional they didn't help as much as he hoped.  Rear facing should be o problem for the tail lights.

On the bike, between the tail/brake and running/turn I have something like 130 individual lights.  These are mounted on 3 different boards.  Each board is spaed to fit the enclosure.

LED tail lights..... When I was visiting Damon Plant 12 (Warranty Service) one of the technicians there commented on the fact I swapped my incandesents for LED"s (just the stop/tail, not the back up)

I've already repalced one of the regular bulbs in my year old Motor Home so I figured to repace them both with LED's likely I won't replace them again

The backup lights I might replace, or not, depending.  I don't back up much after dark

Anyway.. He commented that he had also done the same on his 2006 Damon Intruder, (Vin number on his ends in 000001 by the way)

I'm considering using LED lighting in some of the indoor fixtures, mostly the isle lights and an additional light in the front bathroom, (night light) but it will likely be next year before I do it.

Kind of wish I'd stocked up on LED's last month when I could get them cheap

I just replaced my front marker lights with LED ones.  The ones I got fit exactly and were from the original light manufacturer.  I will be replacing the rear ones next.  I have a problem with the other lights, stop etc as the LEDs are directional and in my MH the bulbs are sideways in the fixtures!

James, Sometimes you can replace the entire fixture.... And I don't know why they don't make a sideways LED.  IN my cast the bulb and lense are a single "Assembly" sealed an unable to open, however there is an exact LED replacement for the entire assembley which was reasonably priced for RED, not so reasonable for White

I just bought some that I can't use, base is different, for a turn signal.  It is an amber and it is arranged so that it is essentially non-directional.  Insdide a lens has a 'tree of lights'.  So in front of a reflector the back ones reflect, front shine out. 

What will they think of next!

Back
Top Bottom