Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shearhawk

Has anybody set up dual black water tanks.  We can not go more than two days boondocking before we have to dump.  Gray water is OK for longer.  Would a macerator help in this department.

Thanks,
Randy 

Randy:

What type of RV do you have? We go a week or more on our 40 gallon black tank without any real effort while 8-9 days is our max on gray tanks with maximum conservation.

Is it possible your tank is partially filled with solids?

How are you determing when you need to dump?

Most tank level sensors work properly one time,  The first time, after that stuff sticks to them and they give you a false sense of "Full" when in fact they may only have 10 or 15 gallons in them (Assuming a 40 gallon tank)

You may need nothing more than a good sensor cleaning.  How to do it is fairly easy, and there is not much in the way of cost, however I'll leave the description of the process to the forum experts, in this, I'm not one

I consider you an Expert John  I always look forward to your statements/

It is a Coachmen Classic.  Do not know how many gallons it holds.  The sensors show empty when I dump, I usually run water thru it though and it cleans it up.  Would love to go a week or more, before dumping.  I did notice that the tank is shaped like a wedge, sensors are on the the deep end.
So it may be reading full, when you still have plenty of space left.  Do the tanks have a spill over, or is it totally contained?

Thanks,
Randy

No spillover in any black water tank I have ever seen, would probably be illegal if there was one. When tank is totally full you will see it in the commode.

Woody

Randy?,
Some RVs have the sink in the bathroom drain into the black water tank.  If that is the case for your RV you might just have to educate everyone about not letting the water run unnecessarily.
Rollie

Rollie said:
Randy?,
Some RVs have the sink in the bathroom drain into the black water tank.? If that is the case for your RV you might just have to educate everyone about not letting the water run unnecessarily.
Rollie

Yes -- that's the way my Tioga bath sink drained. I didn't realize it for at least several months after I purchased.? Once I realized what was going on, I adopted a boondocking procedure to lessen the use of the bathroom sink. For example, just washing my hands or brushing my teeth -- always in the kitchen sink so as to drain to the gray tank. I even had a little reminder on the BR sink to remind me to use the kitchen instead.

I asked several dealers and service personnel and no one really had an explanation of why they wre plumbed that way. My only idea was they wanted make sure the user drained "X" amount of water into the black tank to keep the solids in suspension.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom