Mini-rally at Crescent City, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmsboss1

Tom Seilerbird Seiler and Mary Ann Pelicanlady and Don Gmsboss1 Nesbitt got together Saturday/Sunday in Crescent City where Tom has been in residence for the past couple of months.

We had a great time getting to know each other better after what has been a long framilyship on the Forum.

Highlights of the rally were A., Pelicanlady bringing sunshine to Crescent City for the first time in weeks, B., Tom's guide services par excellence on walking tours of the waterfront and beach, complete with photo ops, and, C., Tom and Don's unique approach to grilling the Salmon that Tom provided for the rallyfeast.  We won't share the entire procedure, but will tell you all that it involves cooking the Salmon for an indeterminate period of time on a grill with a nearly empty to empty gas cylinder, then finishing it a different grill "for a while".  Whatever, it came out among the best ever!

We finished off the rallyfeast with the requisite ice cream, but by the time I remembered to take a picture, we had licked the bowls clean!  Chocolate, by the way!

We are looking forward to the next get together already!

OH, yes!  The picture.  No, I did not forget, but the Forum keeps refusing to upload it, giving me this error:

"Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator."

I've redone the picture (resized it) to a different file and it likes the second file no better than the first.  I have scanned the pictures folders and files with Microsoft Essentials which finds no problems.

When this problem is resolved, I'll post the picture.

Don

Don, please email me the photo. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry about the typo, especially in your name  :-[

One of our favorite campgrounds is Shoreline in Crescent City. We so much enjoy being parked facing the ocean and having unobstructed views of the sunset. Also, Romano's Cheese Factory downtown is a favorite. Cheese curds almost as good as in Wisconsin.

I certainly had a wonderful time meeting Don and the PelicanLady. I want to thank her for bringing the sunshine. There has been sunshine here every day since she got here.

Attachments

• Rally.jpg
    Rally.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 6
Pelicanlady will be the one in the middle if we ever get that picture uploaded! ;D

gmsboss1 said:
Pelicanlady will be the one in the middle if we ever get that picture uploaded! ;D
I did get the photo uploaded and it was working fine a few hours ago. Now there is no option to upload the photo.

I temporarily disabled attachments until we come up on the new server. Our entire site was archived and moved earlier today. Tech Support has been restoring everything there. Meanwhile, we've all been posting to the old server. When migration is complete, I'll need to copy over the entire database of messages. I didn't want to manually copy over new attachments - slow, laborious process.

Well there is more than one way to skin a cat. I know you are all dying to see us so I posted the photo on Picasa:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/KKuznyus28pfcOlojiCf3tMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Good cat skin, Seiler!  Nice to see the three of you looking so well and happy.  ;D

Margi

To: Tom "The Cat Skinner" Seiler.

Re: The mini-rally picture

Thanks!  Good thinking!

Er... on second thought, "The Cat Skinner" doesn't have quite the same ring as "Seilerbird".... ;)

Don

Wendy said:
You have THREE cats now ? What have those kitties been doing?
All three of my cats are fixed so it would have been an immaculate conception. ;D

I have been wanting a third kitty for a while and there are a bunch of feral cats here in Crescent City. So I figured the local shelter would have an excess of kittens. And sure enough I had my pick of age, sex and color. I got a 10 week old fixed female calico and named her Cleopatra. She is the most adorable and sweet cat in the world (just like her owner). Her photo is my current avatar. You must not have seen my August photos. There are six shots of her in my August photo album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/SeilerBird/August?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I have had her for about 6 weeks now and she is getting along real well with Tarzan and Jane. Three will be my limit. If I get anymore I will have to add another litter box and that is not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom