A trip down memory lane--for some of us old f@#$s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
Denver Post
Posted 06, 2012

From the late 1930s to 1969, amateur photographer Charles W. Cushman traveled the country documenting American life and landscapes with color photographs.  Upon his death in 1972, he bequeathed his collection of 14,500 Kodachrome color slides to his alma mater, Indiana University, where they remain today.  Below are a selection of Cushman?s photos from 1938 to 1949.  You can see the entire collection and read more about his life and work on the Indiana University website.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2012/06/06/cross-country-color-road-trips-charles-cushman-1938-1949/5700/

That's awesome Chet.  Waaay before my time, but these are some of the coolest "olden days" pictures I have seen.  I can't wait to check out the Indiana U site for the rest.

Having been to some of those places in recent years, it was quite interesting to see how things have changed in the last 60-70 years.

Thanks for posting these Chet.  Brings back many memories for me.  I remember many of Chicago's downtown buildings looking just like that.  Dirt and grime from the many coal furnaces and steel mills south of the city.  My godparents had a bar/grill in the neighborhood of the Carnegie Steel mills, which was also near the Stock Yards.  The stench was unbearable for a little girl from the country.  ;D ;)

Daisy

Back
Top Bottom