New Kodiak 29BHSL Roof Question - Opinions Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hooch364

Hello.  I just recently purchased a new 2013 Kodiak 29BHSL, great trailer and love the design.  I have had the trailer for less that one month and have yet to camp yet.  However, upon routine checking of the trailers roof, I noticed something.  On the roof, at the very first seem under the roofing material I noticed that the first panel underneath the roofing material has come "unstuck."  You can clearly feel that it is coming up a bit and can only describe it as maybe the adhesive of the panel didn't take completely. 

The question is, the roofing material and all seems are in take and I have no leaks at all.  That being said, should I ask for the panel to be reglued underneath to stick back down onto the roof panels?  Im assuming that this would require a RV tech to unseal and place new adhesive down and then reseal the roof where that had to go under the actual roofing material.

I have no leaks and may just be a panel seem underneath that has come unglued a bit.  Is it worth the trouble to unseal, repair and reseal roof?  Obviously this is under new warrant and I have an extended warranty as well.

Any similar experiences?  What would you do?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom