Loadin' up for another Rubicon Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Water Dog

After doing the Rubicon Trail between Loon Lake and Taho last month, my brother and I have been wanting to go back up with the wives and tackle the smaller section between Wentworth Springs and Loon Lake. The dw and I are packing the mh for the drive up to Loon Lake tomorrow morning where we will be camping, and we will be spending Saturday doing that part of the trail. The weather forecast is calling for possible thunderstorms up there for Sunday. Hopefully, we'll be headed back by then. I'll try and get some pics up early next week.

Got back today and had a great time. The trail from the Wentworth Springs trailhead to Wentworth Springs Campground is pretty much a dirt road. From there to the junction where it meets the trail coming from Loon Lake to Tahoe. It has a couple of technical areas, but really not much that compares to the majority of the trail between Loon and Tahoe. As it turned out, we missed the turn where the trails intersected and were about a mile and a half into the "good" part before we realized we had just done this last month. We turned around and made our way back to our campsite at Loon Lake.

We camped at the North Shore Campground for $11 a night ($5.75 with a Senior pass - What a deal...!) They have no hookups, and I didn't even see a water spigot, but do have some nice level paved rv sites. There is a Loon Lake dump station further down Ice House Road. The weather was perfect...mid 70's, and down into the low 50's at night.

I took my camera only to find out that I had left the battery for it sitting in the charger at home, so my wife took a few pics with my brother's camera. At some point I'll get my hands on those. In the mean time here's a few of our campsite and the views from it, that I took with my I-Phone.

Attachments

• Loon 1.jpg
    Loon 1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Loon 2.jpg
    Loon 2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Loon 3.jpg
    Loon 3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Loon 4.jpg
    Loon 4.jpg