Adding 1 new tv and still 1 old (Analog box Question)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carmine

I have a question about the analog converter box.

If i switch to a new HD tv up front but still have the old tv in the bedroom what do i need to do as far as wiring goes to be able to still watch both tv's at the same time or individual ?

With the new tv do i need to go thru the box and change the channel with the box?
What if i am on the antenna or plugged into the cable will it need to be wired different?

Sorry for being a little slow on this but having 1 new and 1 old tv has me confused with all of the boxes and wires.

Thank You Carmine

The new TV does not need the box and unless you ave other devices up front that do I would move the converter back tothe old TV so that you can choose channels from that location.

Jeff is right, your new TV (asssuming it is a flat panel), has a digital tuner built in. You can use one of the converter boxes for your older set, however I wouldn't expect great reception. When the government forced the change to digital, the boxes were a cheap way to allow everyone to see TV.
I assume money is a big constraint. Is for most of us these days. I changed both TVs in our Winnie. One is a 19 inch from the internet and the other is a 32 inch that I got at a local pawn shop. Turns out the pawn shop bought a couple dozen brand new Vizio
32s from a local distributor. Also the one I got has variable line output. That means it will work easily with a surround sound system. I recommend getting a whole TV instead of a converter. I paid under $ 200 for the 32".
Hope this helps with your decision.

We picked up a 24" Vizio at Wally World for $188. We don't want a tv in the bdrm and the 24 is big enough for us up front.

Those old tvs are so bulky and heavy. Flat, thin screens rock ;D

Back
Top Bottom