Mini-rally in Gardiner, MT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lorna

Today was another great day of sightseeing in Yellowstone NP and including a lunch date with Jim and Pat Godward  in Gardiner, MT.  We started out early enough to do some sightseeing on the way from Old Faithful area to Gardiner which included the Mammoth Hot Springs area.  It was wonderful to see them again which was the third time within the last month and a half.  We certainly appreciate the fact that they took the time to drive down from Belgrade to see us.  To make it official we did take a picture.  Thanks again Jim and Pat.

Attachments

• Ned, Pat, & Jim (Small).JPG
    Ned, Pat, & Jim (Small).JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 38
Lorna,

Thank you for calling!!  We had a good trip up and it was interesting to see the many changes and find still much the same in Gardiner.  On the way back we went down the old river road, old US 89 past the fire at Pine creek.  It really burned a lot of homes and great areas of the mountains and the lower creek area.  I think we saw smoke from a new fire as we left Livingston further in the backcountry.  The smoke was not there when we drove by that area.

It was great to see you both again.  It was a long dry spell and I'm not sure we got caught up with with everything yet.  :)

Hope you trip back was uneventful andyou did get to see some wild life.

Have a safe trip home, to TX, and enjoy the stops along the way.

Our return trip was not as we had planned.  Bill W. called and told us that the road from Dunraven Pass to Tower Junction was closed for the season so we returned the same way we came up.  However, the Elk were out in force in Mammoth Hot Springs so we did get some photos there on the way through.  It looked like one bull and a lot of females.  He was bugling too.  The smoke was nearly gone too so visibility was much better.  There were some more elk and bison, of course, on the way south and we got back to Old Faithful at 5:00pm, so Lorna made it to the photography class.  We have seen a coyote or two but no bear yet.

Lunch was a pleasure, thanks again for driving down to meet us.

Ned,

You, Lorna, Jim & Pat walked right in front of the Yellowstone Association bus that was bringing us back to headquarters in Gardiner! We did get to say hi to Jim & Pat as they were leaving via the road where the bus dropped us off.

We got home around 7pm and were beat from three days of getting up early and leaving at 0'dark thirty. Got to see all 13 members of the Lamar Wolf Pack frolicking in the meadows with a plastic water bottle. They acted as a group of domestic dogs would act.

We'll see you sometime in the morning!

Ned said:
Bill W. called and told us that the road from Dunraven Pass to Tower Junction was closed for the season

Ned, I knew that!  I had read it in the local news here and totally forgot it.  I'm Glad Bill called you.

Glad you got some animals so pictures could be taken and had a good trip back even if it was not as planned.  We stopped in Livingston and got a soft cone and then got gas at Costco in BZN, 3.659 for regular.

We always look foreward to a get together with both of you - or even one!    :)

Jim,

It was an unexpected pleasure to run into both of you.  I had looped around trying to find the old railroad station and instead of goingstraight back to the highway I turned right and came up the street and there you were.

Great seeing you both even if it was Hi/good bye

Jim,

Wish we had time to visit. We didn't get out of class until after 3:30. Then we had to go back to Emigrant to pack up our stuff and head home. Got home around 7pm.

It was a tiring 3 days but worth it. The sighting of the Lamar Pack with all 13 wolves was great. Too bad they were so far away. I guess I need a good spotting scope with camera attachment.  :)

We'll let you know the next time we head to Bozeman for shopping.

Last night we got tegether with the Ned & Lorna and Bill & Jolene for dinner Bill cooked the steaks on his Grill and did the corn. Lorna made the soup and Pat made her deviled eggs. It was a great meal.

Photos could have been better.  ;D

Attachments

• IMG_1871.JPG
    IMG_1871.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1873.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 25
We had good food and a great time.  It has been wonderful being here with them this past week.  Sadly we will be leaving tomorrow heading to Salt Lake in several days.  Yellowstone is awesome and a week is not near enough time to see everything so we may have to come back sometime in the future.  Thanks to the Dicks and Whetstones for taking some time to visit with us.

Lorna,

It was really nice that you and Ned could stop for a visit. It was great to see you and I'm sure will see you again soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom