"Nevada Treasure RV Resort"??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unsinkable777

Has anyone stayed at Nevada Treasure RV resort in Pahrump, NV? It looks great on the website, but you never really know til you get there, right??? Unless, of course, you can benefit from the experience of others. I have noticed that none of the parks in Pahrump have cable tv. Is that a bad location for tv reception or something? Thanks for any words of wisdom. Karen (Unsinkable)

I've stayed at a couple of RV parks in Pahrump, but not Nevada Treasure.  I don't know why, but neither park I've stayed in offered Cable TV (Terrible's Lakeside RV Park and Escapees' Pair-A-Dice Co-op).

But don't worry - you can get all of the Las Vegas TV stations via over the air translators.  And Pahrump has it's own TV station with a daily local newscast - unusual for a community of this size.

Pahrump is unusual in another respect - they're not actually a city, in fact they're the largest unincorporated community in the country.  There's no city government, things like building permits, etc. are handled at the county level like any other rural area.  That's probably why the "city" looks somewhat like a patchwork quilt - you'll have a block or two that's fully developed with curbing, sidewalks, landscaping, etc. then the parcel next door is developed in a totally different manner.

The RV group that I belong to tries to stay at Nevada Treasure about once a year. In fact, we're going back again in November. My wife and I think that this is the nicest RV park that we have stayed in. If you're a Passport America member the rate is great considering all that you get. My wife said that they make a great Long Island Iced Tea. The only downside is that all sites are back-in sites. The support staff is outstanding. The park was originally planned as a resort that sold year round sites only but when that failed it opened up to all RVs except tents.

I live in Pahrump and have been thru a good majority of the RV parks/resorts.  The 2 that are mentioned are pretty nice.  I live about 2 miles from Terribles Lakeside, which is now called Lakeside RV resort (I think).  No cable is offered, because there is no cable in Pahrump, just satellite TV.  But as mentioned, you can get a lot of "local" stations from Pahrump and Vegas.

Try this site for reviews written by the RVers that stayed there.  It can help you sort out some of the advertising claims.  http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

Back
Top Bottom