rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Washington State Domicile?  (Read 21784 times)


  • Posts: 1
Re: Washington State Domicile?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2015, 05:10:43 PM »
Hi   I am moving back to WA and running into the 210 day rule.  But I don't think I should have any trouble getting a driver's license and tag as I am still employed and will be working in WA.  I will use my rv park address with lot number as my permanent address.  Does anyone see a problem with this?


  • ---
  • Posts: 521
Re: Washington State Domicile?
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 08:56:44 PM »
The reason so many are starting to run into problems is the Federal Law
The REAL ID Act of 2005.

All States will have to show compliance.
Here in Ga. No POB are allowed either, plus ypu have to provide a tax statement and utility bill or something else showing the physical address. They cited The Read ID Act of 2005 as the reason when we renewed our Licenses. Extensions have been given to the states for compliance because all the computers have be able to work with the Fed system.

A search will being up the details.
This is a decent overview:

Gary RV_Wizard

  • Forum Staff
  • ---
  • *
  • Posts: 66123
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Washington State Domicile?
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2015, 09:16:01 AM »
I will use my rv park address with lot number as my permanent address.  Does anyone see a problem with this?

You will have to ask that question of the Washington DMV. Because of the Real ID Act, they will have policies that define what is an acceptable "permanent address" for a driver license. They may have a policy that rejects addresses that are typically viewed as "temporary", e.g. motels, PMBs and RV parks. Some states have alternate procedures to assist itinerant workers, e.g. farm workers or the building trades, but others may not.
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL


  • Posts: 1
Re: Washington State Domicile?
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2017, 07:27:37 AM »
Well, this thread was a good read. So, I joined to say a few things.

In my situation, I would just use a family members or friends address and if someone wanted to verify that address. I would just ask the friend or family member to switch the power bill or comcast bill into my name for 30 days and then they can switch it back to their name. It only takes 10 minutes on the phone to switch a utility bill into your name and then back again next month.

No-one will dig any deeper than that.

I actually didn't see an RCW within this thread where it states it was a felony under severity for using a family member or friends address for the DMV.

I'm a current CDL holder and thousands of us do what I just described. This also works for auto loans of any type.

*KEY NOTE* -- Don't think about the stupid law... Just do it... Ask for forgiveness later if and when you get caught... Which most likely will be never... I noticed the older generation cares way too much about rules and law and they try to be perfect citizens. No-one is perfect we all drive 65 mph in a 55 mph zone and some of us do 45 mph in a 25 mph zone. Who cares. Just do it... It really is that simple. Making a big deal out of nothing.

Good Luck with your RV Adventures!