can anyone can help me sovle this problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shiranui01

One of my clients just bought a used Panasonic P2 camera, a HVX200, and wants to edit P2 MXF footage (720p 24p) in iMovie 11 and OS 10.6.

I'm looking for an simple, reliable, reasonably priced converter so they can take their Panasonic P2 footage and prep it for iMovie 11.
I am seeing a number of products on the market that do this, but I'm not sure which one I should purchase.

Do you guys have something suitable for this task?

The HVX200 is a professional video camera. It is not exactly the ideal tool for someone who has absolutely no experience shooting or editing video. I have never heard of anyone here shooting professional video so I doubt you will get any answers here. If your client is going to absolutely insist on doing this then he is going to have to join a photography forum since he is going to have a lot of questions. My photography forum is DPReview but there really isn't any pro video photographers there also.

Let me state it another way. Video editing on a professional level is not for beginners.

Rather that spend money on a convertor program it would be cheaper and easier to buy an inexpensive point and shoot that has a format that iMovie can handle.

Shiranui01 said:
One of my clients just bought a used Panasonic P2 camera, a HVX200, and wants to edit P2 MXF footage (720p 24p) in iMovie 11 and OS 10.6.

I'm looking for an simple, reliable, reasonably priced converter so they can take their Panasonic P2 footage and prep it for iMovie 11.
I am seeing a number of products on the market that do this, but I'm not sure which one I should purchase.

Do you guys have something suitable for this task?

Apple Intermediate Codec is iMovie preferred video. That is to say, AIC videos will show you a better performance when you import and edit them in iMoive. So you?d better to choose a program which can export AIC videos. My brother is a photographer and he owns a Canon XF100. The program he uses is a MXF Converter made by PavTube (it seems to be this name). He usually exports Apple ProRes video for further editing in FCP. I have tested this program and noticed that it also has AIC output. Please google PavTube MXF Converter and check if it is helpful. http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/

I'm sure most converters support converting MXF videos. I suggest you can convert to MP4 (H.264/AAC) which is the most compatible format I suppose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom