Seeking Recommendation for Remodeling Companies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wincom6

I would appreciate any advice you may have, I want to have my TV?s replaced and have a nice hardwood floor installed.  I would rather leave the work to the professionals, so I?m looking for the name of companies that you know that would have this type of experience.  I want to know what type/brand of flooring I should consider, do I need to replace video wiring? Should I consider a new satellite dish? I have never had satellite service but the original satellite dish is installed.   
Think you for any help you may have.
I have a 2004 Meridian 36 foot.

I would choose separate shops rather than a general RV remodeler - I think you get better prices and better quality if you choose a good one. But convenience is a factor too, since you probably don't want to drive across the country just to get a tv upgrade.

Where are you located or where might you be willing to travel to for the work? We have a top flooring guy right here on this forum - Ernie Eckberg (see Member list for contact info). And I know of excellent shops in place like Indiana, Ohio, Oregon, and Florida that can do a terrific job with tvs.

You can view Ernie's work at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/erniesremodelingandrepair/

You can replace the coax video wiring with HDMI if you wish, but it really isn't important for tvs under about 40".  As for satellite, would you subscribe to a service and use it if you had it? If so, then replacing or upgrading your dish is probably a good idea, since the newer domes/dishes have improved quite a bit. If HDTV (not just digital) is important to you, then a change to a dish instead of a dome is a good idea.

Thanks Gary for your quick response. I should have included my address.  We live near Pittsburgh, Pa. I have no plans to travel west of the Mississippi at this time but the floor can wait a while. It would be nice to have the work done closer to home.  I could take it as far as Elkhart or closer. I prefer to make sure the work being done is correct. Paying a little more at the time beats living with a second-rate job.

Nothing  wrong going west of Mississippi. We are at 900 feet- no mountains. I have space at my house, where I do the flooring work. You can stay in your coach- no motels. I have 50 amps, wifi, water, dumpstation, and pet friendly. If you are able I encourage owners to help me do the demo. I can steer you in the right direction for your flooring selection. Thanks, Ernie

Hi Ernie,
We would like to visit you in Weatherfort.  I still have my mother and with her health I try to stay within a days drive. It?s about 1330 miles to you.  Even so I?m not in a rush to do the floor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom