Any barbershop harmony singers out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

psycmeistr

I've been a  barbershopper for nearly 10 years now (tenor and lead)...

In my estimation, it is more difficult than solo singing, or chorale singing, just because there's so much physics (i.e, sometimes you can't tune a barbershop chord with a piano, vocal quality, tongue placement, vowel shape) that need to be practiced and synchronized by all involved in order to properly ring the chord-

Any other barbershopping RVers?

We have a few here. It's been a few years since I sang barbershop. Having Although I've sung in choirs and solo all my life, I got quite an education when I joined a barbershop chorus. BTW I sing the low end.

It's definitely improved my solo singing and breath control, as well- You learn a lot of the physics of singing in barbershop-

I sing with the St. Cloud Area Singing Saints Barbershop chorus, and am also in a quartet- I also participate in Harmony Brigade.

I think it would be a lot of fun if there was an RV rally for barbershoppers-

Sang baritone in several choruses but 30+ years ago.  Barbershop is quite different from the other A Capella forms as it's sung on a true scale vs. the tempered scale.  That's what gives it the "bite" that it's noted for.  I doubt I could carry the baritone part today, the notes just never seem to fit :)

I'd get a huge kick out of that, but I never did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom