Motorhome fires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is every motorhome owner's nightmare! I am glad everyone was able to exit safely. But that is hard to watch.

If anyone ever had any doubts about abandoning a burning rig, especially witnessing the propane fire, this should end that discussion.

As previously asked, did you ever have a clue about what started the fire in the first place?

Very sorry you had to endure this, but maybe a lesson to the rest of us....

I assume nobody was injured. As tragic as that looks, it could have been a lot worse. Stuff can be replaced, hopefully aided by insurance.

Mylo

Hello,

What had happened was I had a new exhaust installed and the installer installed the tailpipe up against the bottom of the motorhome instead of giving it the needed clearance. The heat of the tailpipe caught the inside of the MH wall on fire and thats how it started.

We were headed out camping and I noticed a lady behind me flashing her lights and I assumed I was going to slow or she wanted to pass then she started waving her arms outside her window and I pulled over to the side of the road. I then went back to the passenger rear dually and there was a small flame coming out so I grab the small fire extinguisher and attempt to put it out.

I then felt the side of the MH and it was super hot and I evacuated the wife and dog or maybee it was the dog first ;D. I made one trip back to get her purse and that was it so I decided to film it instead of just watching it burn.

I want to let everyone know how it happened so it does not happen to anyone else.

Wow!  Sure makes one feel the need to closely inspect what a shop does - even if it seems to function okay.

Have you filed a claim against the shop? 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom