Lone Pine,Ca Film Fest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bill dane

The annual Lone Pine Film Festival is October 5-7 this year.  Just wondering if there are any Forum members going to be here.  There have been over 200 movies make here and only those are shown.  It is a western film festival.

Bill Dane    99 country coach Allure
                08 Honda CRV

You just added to my places to go and things to do list.

Can't make it this year but will see about when.  May need an early trip south some year.

Lone Pine is at the base of Mt. Whitney.  A few miles West of town is a area called The Alabama Hills where most of the movies were made.  During the Civil War, the south was in need of money.  A detachment of troops from Alabama was sent to Lone Pine area to rob the gold shipments headed to the union.  If you are into Geocaching, you will have a fun time.

Bill Dane    99 country coach Allure

Put Ray and I on the list for next year too.  We love that area but have not been able to spent enough time to really explore it.  Next year!!

We were there two weeks ago.  Stayed at Boulder Creek RV Park.  Full service park with reasonable rates.  Drove to Arch Rock within the Alabama Hills.  From the Arch, there's a clear view to Whitney.  If there's going to be a mini rally there next year, we may attend.  Lisa, I nominate you to put the rally together.  ;) 

Oh darn.  That's what I get for opening my mouth.  I'm not really much of an organizer.  Maybe we could make it a very loose rally.

Lisa,

A forum rally is pick a date and campground, make the annoumcement on the forum and let everyone register and show up on their own.  Keep a list of who is coming and what site they have.  Then when all are there let them decide what and when they are doing things.  Beyond that it is up to you as to what else you are willing to do.  Some prepare a group breakfast, or ???.  Others do what I have listed.  Look at the New Years rally posting for an idea of how it goes.

I'm looking around for ideas for next summer in Montana but have a problem getting information on what and when things are happening.  :(

Lisa,

I hear the same but after seeing some pictures I doubt I will ever go.  It is up there with the Sturgis rally but infinitely smaller.

We drive by the site frequently and it is not that large but it does overflow when the festival is in progress.

I think we (Ray and I) are getting to old for big crowds.  That's why, if we want to go to the Sturgis area, we go well before the Rally.  When you can actually see something.  I think we might miss the other festival too.  Your right we've driven by and it is pretty small. 

Back
Top Bottom