US Campground Pet Policy Resource?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livingaloha

Does anyone have a good all-in-one resource for traveling with pets (especially large dogs) while living full-time or recreationally?

From other posts it seems that there are many campgrounds that allow pets, but the rules seem to be all over the place. i.e. some say you can't leave them in the vehicle (but as long as they're well behaved they will...), others place weight limits on animals, or number of pets per vehicle, etc.

I've browsed some books on Amazon and general Google searches, but haven't come up with one source that talks about the "details".

Has anyone run across anything like this?
Or are there many dedicated campgrounds for pet owners?

Just trying to get an idea about the number of campgrounds that are friendlier towards large dogs especially. I'm assuming private campgrounds will be more accommodating as well.
Thanks!

Gary RV Roamer said:
The Trailer Life and Woodalls Campground Guides lists pet restrictions, if any, about each campground.
Wendy said:
Try dogfriendly.com  They also have a smart phone app.
Great, thank you both. Good to have some comprehensive guides to have on hand in case of no internet

I'm also looking for more of a search function in an app/website (where I can type in a city/state ... and find campgrounds, doggie daycare, parks, vets, boarding facilities etc.).
Maybe an opportunity :)
Camp Find App is a good one, but not focused on pets it doesn't look like.

Search "dog friendly" on your smart phone and you'll find tons of apps. We have Dog Friendly, Dog Park, and Petometer, among others. And AllStays is one that everyone should have. If you find a good, comprehensive pet app, let us all know.

Wendy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom