Wiper blade fuse on 2007 Freightliner Chassis 0n 2008 Motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djbcssfsd

While driving through a powerful rain and wind storm yesterday my wipers stopped in an upward position and will not retract. Looking through all the literature there are no indications of a fuse anywhere. Any ideas.  The motorhome is a 2008 Presidio made by Thor/Four Winds.
I looked under the dash and there are no obvious fuses out and the fuse diagram shows a WPR indication but can't find that either. Appreciate the help.

Can you turn the wipers on and they start to wipe? If so, the problem is not the fuse, it is only the park function not working. The necessary goodies are usually part of the gear case assembly on the end of the motor and it allows 12V to be applied to the motor until the blades reach the park position. A contact then opens, cutting off the 12V.

It almost sounds like the wiper arm strained the motor during the windstorm and perhaps the wiper drive slipped on the motor or gear shaft.

Just a note: the wiper motor and blade system is supplied by the coach builder, not Freightliner. The chassis may provide the switch (e.g. if it has a Smart Wheel) and probably a power source in the chassis wiring harness.  Sometimes hard to know whose part of the system is at fault.

After reading the Freightliner manual again I looked for the fuse box they said was on the outside of the rig below the driver seat. Well, it was located in the same bay as the hydraulic pump only in a corner that was hard to see. I opened it and started looking for the 15a fuse that was identified for the wipers. I pulled each fuse and found they were all good. I thought maybe it just loosened on the way down here. That was it. I remember going across very rough RR Crossings.
Thanks for all your help and ideas. This one was an easy fix. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom