Work Campers in Western Washington Wanted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluesky RV

I am the manager of a RV park in Western Washington and am looking for a workamper who can specialize in maintenance. Duties include cleaning facilities, maintaining grounds, and responding to camper requests and individual site maintenance. We are at the base of a mountain and are wooded, but still only 1/2 mile from a major freeway for your convenience. Typical work days are M-F, especially in the fall and winter. You will track your hours to cover your space rent, and any hours over that will be paid at $12-15 per hour, DOE. Experience in electrical, plumbing, general construction or landscaping is a plus.

Also looking for office help with reception, reservations, and receiving payments. Outgoing with a caring attitude is a must! Office hours are 9-11am, and 4-6pm M-F and some Saturdays 9-11am. Starting pay $10 per hour, DOE.

Pets OK, some dog breeds restricted. RV must not be older than 10 years, or if close to it, upon approval by manager.

If you are part of a couple (or not, singles OK too!) who fits this description and loves outdoor living or RV-ing, please apply!

Please message me with your name if interested and I will relay additional details.

Serious inquiries only. $35 non-refundable application fee for background check.

Thank you!

You've got to be kidding, RIGHT?  A 35 dollar application fee!

We workamped for nine years and were never once asked to pay an application fee.  Volunteered locally for Dial-A-Ride and the Veterans Administration.  Both did background checks.  No fee.

Margi

I wouldn't consider it for a couple of reasons.

1.  I have a Motor Home that looks just as new as most 2 year old ones, and it's a 1997. Why would I need a newer one just to get part time employment?

2.  The $35.00 should be at their expanse if they need a background check.

3.  If I am paying for the site, I prefer to be paid for my hours, then I will pay the site fees.

The wife and I have been Park Managers for the U.S.C.O.E since 1997, with no problems. [If my honesty or work ethic is in question. Don't hire me.]

Lee

Any time there is a "application fee" that is a red flag for me.  If he can collect just 10 applications a day, that's $350 a day!  Not a bad revenue on a per day basis for just collecting "Applications."  Sounds like a scam to me.

That is probably their main source of revenue.

I would be curious as to which mountain in Wa. state has a major freeway 1/2 mile from it's base.

There is a BlueSky RV park in Issaquah, WA and it is about 1/2 mile from I-90.  Next to Tiger Mountain State Park.

Who'd want to be in Washington state during the winter? I'm glad I can leave every fall and go someplace warm and dry. The sun will come out again in WA in May for a short stay and then again in mid July. I'm pretty sure $15 per hour isn't going to lure me back.

ken

[quote author=Tin man]I would like somebody who runs this forum to track this guy down and prosecute for fraud. [/quote]

Good luck with that. I'm not aware of anyone who got taken. The one time I spent hours tracking someone down was all for nowt; After wading through the first 8 pages of the FBI's complaint form, I was unable to adequately answer a question on page 9 requiring that I show some large $$$ amount of financial loss.

The OP posted thus almost two months ago!  Can't we simply let it die?

I think that the OP did not reply because he was disgusted with the negative comments in this thread.

I just think that they are careful business men. Nothing points towards a rip-off scheme.

Lighten up... check out their website; nothing fishy there. I am embarrassed over this trend.

It's not obvious that the OP hasn't viewed the replies.

The fishy part was the $35 application fee.  Those of us who have workkamped some were immediately suspicious.  We've never, ever, paid an application fee. 

Margi

I googled blue sky rv and found this link, http://blueskypreston.com/

Looks like a real campground in WA just off the interstate just like the OP said....

The fishy part was the $35 application fee.

Understood Margi. It was stated as being for the background check. Having never workcamped, the only point of reference I had is our SIL just paid $500 for a background check at his new job. $35 sounds like a good deal compared with that  ???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom