Propane LPG needed in Oroville Norcal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROBFP

Cornwall, UK - Canada and the US in Aug 2012
Hi a brit here travelling in Canada and the US, been here now for 9 weeks and another 3 weeks to go. We have just run out of Propane and really need a cup of tea, so was hoping some local could tell us where we can fill our tank up. We are in Oroville Norcal at the moment and travelling north east, as needing to be back in Vancouver BC in 3 weeks time.
Thanks guys love your county and loving my old 1984 Dodge Ram Roadtrek, now done 4000 miles in it and going well.
Rob and Kaz

Hi
a brit here travelling in Canada and the US, been here now for 9 weeks and another 3 weeks to go. We have just run out of Propane and really need a cup of tea, so was hoping some local could tell us where we can fill our tank up. We are in Oroville Norcal at the moment and travelling north east, as needing to be back in Vancouver BC in 3 weeks time.
Thanks guys love your county and loving my old 1984 Dodge Ram Roadtrek, now done 4000 miles in it and going well.
Rob and Kaz

Gas stations and convenience stores normally carry the 20lb bottles. Do you have onboard tanks?

In small towns and rural areas finding propane is rarely a problem  -  folks use it as a heating fuel for their homes.  You can fill tanks at most truck stops and many gas stations.  Local propane distributers have fill-up facilities also.  Even hardware stores may have dispensing pumps.  Ask locally.

i am guessing you are in oroville in northern California. not sure where in town or area you are but if you google propane near oroville,California over 15 location show,hopefully one is near by.

ROBFP said:
Hi a brit here travelling in Canada and the US, been here now for 9 weeks and another 3 weeks to go. We have just run out of Propane and really need a cup of tea, so was hoping some local could tell us where we can fill our tank up. We are in Oroville Norcal at the moment and travelling north east, as needing to be back in Vancouver BC in 3 weeks time.
Rob and Kaz

Here you go:  http://www.1stamericanpropane.net/   

Anywhere you are, just Google  the name of the town and propane like this:  Oroville, CA  propane.  That will get you the local distributor for sure.

One place I've always found LPG has been at U-Haul facilities. Most of them can handle Motor Coaches with ease, and I've even found some of them to be cheaper than many service stations that handle LPG.

Lee

I'll second Lee's suggestion of U-Haul. One I found in Oroville is this place:
http://www.uhaul.com/Locations/Truck-Rentals-near-Oroville-CA-95966/004302

Like most others on the prior listing, they close on Sunday. In any event, call first to be sure they have propane and are able to dispense to your RV.

EDIT:  Go to http://www.uhaul.com/Locations/  and you can search for locations in/around Oroville that have propane.

We discourage double posting (i.e. posting the same question on two different boards), so I've merged your two topics into one.

Thanks for all the advice and help. Propane found and tank filled and I am now enjoying a cup of English breakfast tea and the fridge is once again keeping the beer cool.
One worry i now have is when filling the tank the pmp attendant carried on filling it till the pump stopped, in the UK we are only supposed to fill an LPG tank to 85%, do you think this will be ok. I found what i think is a pressure relief value and turned it slightly and gas comes out, so was wondering if this means the tank is overfull?

ROBFP said:
One worry i now have is when filling the tank the pmp attendant carried on filling it till the pump stopped, in the UK we are only supposed to fill an LPG tank to 85%, do you think this will be ok. I found what i think is a pressure relief value and turned it slightly and gas comes out, so was wondering if this means the tank is overfull?

You are OK, the permanently installed tanks have a shutoff that stops the refill at the 80% point.  When the tank is filled there is also a valve that is opened  and when the liquid comes out that is the back up to be sure the tank is not overfilled.

Jim is correct; Propane tanks here will not be filled beyond 80%. Don't mess with any valve you find  :eek:

Be sure to let us know if you successfully have a cuppa in the morning. Maybe we should drive up and join you! Nah, just kidding.

I heard from the OP via email. They're very appreciative of all the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom