Looking for an rv trailer, new rv-er

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

packmule

Hello all,

I am looking to buy a trailer rv but don't know where to start. I have a Chevy Venture mini-van and I am looking for a trailer for a family of 5 to use as a "base camp" since we will be backpacking and tent camping mostly. Any info will be humbly appreiated.

Packmule,
You'll find that spending a little time online will go a long way to helping you in your quest for a base camper. The tow vehicle you have will pull around 3500 pounds and that is the limiting factor. This will allow you to pull anything from a pop-up or hybrid to a lightweight travel trailer. All manufacturers are now addressing the lightweight market pretty aggressively. Trail Manor has a pop-up hard sided travel trailer which has its feet in both camps. Decide what you're requirements are and then start looking for a unit to fill your needs. Do you want a bathroom or potty? Is a hard roof important to you? Will you carry additional gear with you such as bicycles or kayaks? E-mail me if you'd like and we can hook up by chat or by phone. We went from backpacking to trailering a few years ago and are now preparing to buy a 37 footer with 3 slides. This stuff just gets way out of hand if you're not careful.? ; )
Jim

packmule said:
Hello all,

I am looking to buy a trailer rv but don't know where to start. I have a Chevy Venture mini-van and I am looking for a trailer for a family of 5 to use as a "base camp" since we will be backpacking and tent camping mostly. Any info will be humbly appreiated.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  I'm sure you will get some answers to your questions here.  We are glad you found us. Are you considering a tent trailer?

Back
Top Bottom