Starcraft 36RT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Outlander

Hi all,

New member here. Anyone own the Starcraft 36RT? Impressions? Ours just came in today and we are going down at lunch to take care of the details.

Can't wait to be back into PUP camping after towing a gigantic toy hauler the last few years!!

Mike

we just bought the starcraft rt14 before memotrial weekend...we love it...i'm wishing now we got the 36, but this fits our needs without the microwave and oven....i think the setup is great, the pop out dinettes give you more room, and the cargo area in the front is exactly what my husband needed and wanted....i'd love to hear what you think of yours...we have taken ours out for a few weekends so far, and love the 2 batteries, dual tanks and the water holding capacity is great...i also found that the cartridge toilet is EASY...dump and flush....best of luck....mamastary

Well, we took the new PU out this weekend and it worked out great. For the large size of this popup it tows really, really good. It was nice having the large tires and ground clearance to be able to get in and out of some rough areas. We had one ATV on the cargo deck along with (2) coolers, a chainsaw, a generator, a large stove/griddle combo, and a fuel container. We definitely loved the oversized deck, while we were set up I used it as a "prep" table for the meals I was cooking on my portable grille. The high-wall design worked very well as it allows for normal counter heights without having a fold-over galley, and as said before the slide-out dinette makes all the difference in interior room, and the "cassette toilet" with built-in shower was a great convenience for the wife.

The only negative I have come up with is that it would be nice if the fridge would have been located directly infront of the door, to allow access if you forget something and the top is alread folded down. Not a huge deal, but you really have to plan ahead with your fridge cool-down period and loading of the parishables prior to dropping the top.

Mike[br]Date Posted: July 11, 2006, 07:53:40 AMWell, we took the new PU out this weekend and it worked out great. For the large size of this popup it tows really, really good. It was nice having the large tires and ground clearance to be able to get in and out of some rough areas. We had one ATV on the cargo deck along with (2) coolers, a chainsaw, a generator, a large stove/griddle combo, and a fuel container. We definitely loved the oversized deck, while we were set up I used it as a "prep" table for the meals I was cooking on my portable grille. The high-wall design worked very well as it allows for normal counter heights without having a fold-over galley, and as said before the slide-out dinette makes all the difference in interior room, and the "cassette toilet" with built-in shower was a great convenience for the wife.

The only negative I have come up with is that it would be nice if the fridge would have been located directly infront of the door, to allow access if you forget something and the top is alread folded down. Not a huge deal, but you really have to plan ahead with your fridge cool-down period and loading of the parishables prior to dropping the top.

Mike

Hi!  We're a 36RT owner too.  Amazing unit this is.  They call it "The Pop-up on Steroids"!  How appropriate is that!?  How many times do you go camping and never have the chance to set this thing up before you have visitors wanting to know "what that thing is"?  Ha!  They want to love it like we do! 

Bleski
Jacksonville, FL

Back
Top Bottom