Canada parks and fishing...(Hi, Marsha)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterdog

This is a reply to Marsha from the INTRODUCE YOURSELF forum per the thread started by ChinMusic....pertains to Canadain parks and fishing.

Marsha...I know that you can triple-tow up 75 feet into Manitoba and Saskatchewan because I do it all the time, although I cross at our small border station near our northern ND home.? You should check on your choice of border crossings in your local.? It might vary from province to province and? I don't have much experience in the eastern areas.

As for the provincial parks, there are certainly many and very well run.? They range from full-hookups to dry camping only.? You can also buy a seasonal pass that will get you into all of them.? I forget what that costs, but it makes it very reasonable.? We have always enjoyed the more remote Provincial Parks of Manitoba and Saskatchewan, finding them very clean and quiet.? We always pick one near a good fishing lake...like Kississing Lake and many ohers along the Hanson Lake Road.? Walleyes (pickerel), northern pike (jacks), and lake trout (lakers), plus others provide lots of great fun and dinners.
Boat ramps are generally right there at the parks so launching is a snap.

Easy to find info...just Google....Manitoba, Sask,(or pick the province here) Provincial Parks

I have fished and camped at many, many lakes throughout Ontario,? Manitoba, Saskatchewan since the late 50's and would be glad to answer any questions I can.? Good luck camping and traveling.

Good idea to switch over to a new thread.

Thanks for the info on the parks.  I have this "pristine..idealic" site for camping in my mind... ;D  I"m sure you know the one, a quaint little lake, campsite right close to the water with, of course, a marvelous view.  Fish just jumping out of the water showing me what they look like so I'll throw my line out to them.  Oh, also...no body else around.  ;)  Sound about right?

I'll check into the season pass for the parks.  We will have internet connection the entire time, unless we have trees in the way, so I'll be able to check with you on areas to visit.  We don't have a set itinery, just heading west from Niagara Falls to Glacier Park checking things out as we go.  We don't have to be back in San Diego until the end of September.

Thanks so much for being able to help out.  It will be great having someone to "check-in" with to see if a particular spot is worth staying at.

Marsha~

MarshaLassen/CA said:
? We will have internet connection the entire time, unless we have trees in the way, so I'll be able to check with you on areas to visit.?

marsha,

We found the definition of "Provincial Park " in Canada to mean trees all around.  good luck finding a clear spot.  We found many roadside pull outs that were clear.

BB

Hi Betty,

I'm just loving your Alaska log.  It is so great to "go along" with you.  Tim and I are hoping to do Alaska next year.

Can you overnight at the roadside pull outs?  I've found quite a few private parks that have websites, so I can see what the campground looks like.

Marsha~

MarshaLassen/CA said:
Can you overnight at the roadside pull outs?? I've found quite a few private parks that have websites, so I can see what the campground looks like.

Hi Marsha,
Yes you can stay overnight at most pullouts.  Some have no overnight camping posted but most do not. Our log post the lat long of some we stayed in for an overnight.
Betty

The annual pass for the Canadian National parks is $125CDN.  You'll get that back pretty quickly.

Betty Brewer said:
marsha,

We found the definition of "Provincial Park " in Canada to mean trees all around.? good luck finding a clear spot.? We found many roadside pull outs that were clear.

BB

Hi BB,

When I read that, I could not help but laugh.  Hah!..the thought of going to Canada for camping and fishing...and having to avoid trees?  Not going to happen very often is it?  I will have to remember that one for a good fireside story..thanks.

Actually, there are many great provincial campsites with clear views, but the chances are...you will not find them when you need them.  You need to spend the time..explore...make your own maps...maybe forget the satellite TV and Internet?

Marsha... As for finding that nice, private all-to-yourself campsite looking out over fish jumping in the rapids, eagles soaring overhead, bluejays hopping around your picnic table, the smell of last night's campfire still hanging in the air, and chipmunks racing off with some of your Planter's peanuts...all I can say is....been there, done that, and we are still doing it!

There is an old saying in Baja...."Good roads, bad people....Bad roads, good people."    You just have to get off the blacktop and explore....make voyages, attempt them, there is little else.

http://www.milebymile.com/main/Canada/Saskatchewan/State_106/Canada_Saskatchewan_road_map_travel_guides.html

Here is a great link to some very nice camping and fishing areas of Saskatchewan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom