ANSI certification???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uberwitch

The campground that I want to use as a home base wants an ANSI certification or some kind of RV sticker showing it was converted professionally.  Since I bought this bus used, any thoughts on how I can get one?  The owner has been parking in a KOA and other campgrounds for years, so I never thought this might be a problem

You may have a big problem. Contact the ANSI people and see if they have a procedure that you may obtain the necessary forms. Getting the engineering drawings and such may be a biggie.

Move on, the aggravation isn't worth it. This is a ploy to weed out home grown conversions, ANSI does not apply to motor vehicles.

ANSI does not apply to motor vehicles.

The RVIA is the ANSI standard body for American-built Recreational Vehicles. They issue certifications for nearly all US factory-built RVs and all 50 states accept their certificate as adequate proof of safe design, i.e. that the vehicle/house conforms to applicable safety standards such as NFP 1192. Moststates require that certification for new RVs sold in the state. RVIA sells the certificate sticker for about $20 after proof of compliance is provided, but I suspect that getting the rig inspected and showing proof that all safety standards have been met is probably more expensive than is practical for a home-converted coach. But you can contact the RVIA and ask.

I would move to another park - this question is not likely to come up often, if ever again. Unless, that is, your rig looks unsafe for whatever reason.

Yeah I think it is too, and I can understand it, very small campground, only 20 spaces so if something went up in flames no one could get their rigs out.......Ok I will contact the RVIA when I get a chance.  We will be parking on the farm for the month of November anyway to finalize the interior cosmetics.

Thanks for the info

By the way, the first hurdle is to buy a copy of the RVIA's standards for RVs, a fairly hefty book and not cheap. They sell the standards manual and its not cheap. And it may not be all that clear as to what standards apply to a re-model vs a new RV, since RVIA normally deals only with newly manufacturered rigs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom