Photo locations winter west?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GregScott

I'm going to do some winter photography out west in February, staying on into the spring. I'm thinking maybe Yellowstone, Arches, other "Grand Circle" parks. Possibly Yosemite for the Horsetail Falls Firefall. Where would you suggest as great for winter panoramic photography...

Depending on how much snow is on the ground, the Badlands just North of Terry, Montana and the Pine Hills to the South of Miles City, Montana are always interesting. The hard part is predicting the amount of snow to make it clear that it is "winter".

I could point you in a neat direction for some neat "river valley" photos of the Powder River also, and the are is not too far off the pavement from the Miles City-Baker road either.

Eastern Montana has a lot of photographic potential, it just depends on how far off the beaten path you want to get.

Here is a neat photographic look into the past by Lady Evelyn Cameron, a pioneer photographer. http://prairie.mt.gov/pages/cameron%20gallery.htm

Oly

Well, I'm from Georgia, so any snow and/or ice accumulation at all would be OK, from a light dusting to a waist heavy load, from my perspective. I'm worried about too much snow to maneuver my 2wd vehicle, and I'm really bad at putting on chains.

Back
Top Bottom