Walmart Tucson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmugs

If you are headed thru Tucson  and down I-19 all you can count on I-10 is Cortaro exit in Marana on the north. Green Valley on the south is a no-no as is all Tucson stores. Don't know about east on I-10.

You can get  the low-down on these and nearly 9,900 other places by subscribing to http://www.overnightrvparking.com/. It costs $24.95/yr, but the information is extensive, very up-to-date and new parking locations are verified by the site owner (by phone call to the location).

I'm not affiliated with them - just a satisfied subscriber.  The price is worth it (to me).

I also use a site [email protected]  that is free and is not full of dissension and run pretty good..
The site moderator also updates via phone to verify a store parking over night..

George

Imugs.. I use MIcrowaft S&T as my navigation aid, and there is a data file over at Discovery Users Forum (You will have to search for it) that lists the wal-marts with no overnight parking.

It's not wal-mart by the way, It is Tuscon that is anti-overnight parking.  Wal-mart is just the messenger on that. Tuscon is the hostile.

Yup, I agree, Tucson is hostile about any overnighters in any parking lot.
My post was info from my very recent experience and hoped it might help someone.

Gary, I've heard good things about the site you mentioned. We might also find it a good tool.

George, I'm gonna check out the yahoo group too...thanks.

;D AllStays.com list the Walmarts and other stores with phone#'s; addresses; etc. Just call and ask. It also list all federal; state, county, city, overnight and regular campgrounds; plus if they are open year-round or not. Just a toss in for anyone interested! Irover

jmugs said:
Yup, I agree, Tucson is hostile about any overnighters in any parking lot.

WOW!  Maybe Tucson is over run by RVer's, mostly in the Winter, what with all of the snowbirds who want to save a buck.  Maybe the different small communities within Tucson don't have the man power/funding to patrol all of the Walmart parking lots, making sure that every one is safe.
Let's be honest, everyone loves to come to Southern Arizona, and yes, it's not Walmart but the different municipalities within the greater Tucson area who are against boondocking, FOR YOUR SAFETY!

Staff edit: Fix missing end quote tag

One of the reasons that Tucson is not allowing parking overnite in parking lots is because after 9/11 there were so many RVer's parking at the Walmart on Valencia for weeks on end and disobeying the overnite rule.  The campgrounds were not full because of 9/11 and complained about it to the different goverment offices about it.  So guess they ruled out all overnite parking. 

City of Tucson collects a 15% tax on all RV campgrounds so they have a reason to discourage any Walmart parking. Walmart in Benson, 40 miles east of Tucson on I 10 has no parking signs, but I have seen as many as 8 RVs in their lot in an early morning.

Chet18013 said:
City of Tucson collects a 15% tax on all RV campgrounds so they have a reason to discourage any Walmart parking. Walmart in Benson, 40 miles east of Tucson on I 10 has no parking signs, but I have seen as many as 8 RVs in their lot in an early morning.

This is a nearly 7 year old post

Rene T said:
This is a nearly 7 year old post
Rene T
That message, (dated April 04, 2020, 12:00:22, PM), is only a 1 hour old post.

mel s said:
Rene T
That message, (dated April 04, 2020, 12:00:22, PM), is only a 1 hour old post.

The reason I mentioned that is because there was allot of information which was given 7 years ago which may not apply today.  That's all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom