EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Walmart Tucson  (Read 4262 times)

jmugs

• ---
  • Meandering from Tucson to Portland
Walmart Tucson
« on: November 05, 2012, 04:43:10 PM »
If you are headed thru Tucson  and down I-19 all you can count on I-10 is Cortaro exit in Marana on the north. Green Valley on the south is a no-no as is all Tucson stores. Don't know about east on I-10.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. ~Edward Abbey

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Walmart Tucson
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »
You can get  the low-down on these and nearly 9,900 other places by subscribing to http://www.overnightrvparking.com/. It costs $24.95/yr, but the information is extensive, very up-to-date and new parking locations are verified by the site owner (by phone call to the location).

I'm not affiliated with them - just a satisfied subscriber.  The price is worth it (to me).
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Icemaker

• ---
  • "Nár lagaí na bithiúnaigh do lámh"
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 07:24:13 PM »
I also use a site walmartrving@yahoogroups.com  that is free and is not full of dissension and run pretty good..
The site moderator also updates via phone to verify a store parking over night..

George
George

94 Dolphin DP
99 CRV W/Blue Ox & Patriot Brakes
95 F-150 4X4 4.9
F420661
Fresno, Ohio most of the time

Pierat

• ---
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »
By "count on" do you mean they allow overnight parking, I take it?
We Have Hung Up The Keys!
Washington State

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 12:56:39 PM »
Imugs.. I use MIcrowaft S&T as my navigation aid, and there is a data file over at Discovery Users Forum (You will have to search for it) that lists the wal-marts with no overnight parking.

It's not wal-mart by the way, It is Tuscon that is anti-overnight parking.   Wal-mart is just the messenger on that. Tuscon is the hostile.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

jmugs

• ---
  • Meandering from Tucson to Portland
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »
Yup, I agree, Tucson is hostile about any overnighters in any parking lot.
My post was info from my very recent experience and hoped it might help someone.

Gary, I've heard good things about the site you mentioned. We might also find it a good tool.

George, I'm gonna check out the yahoo group too...thanks.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. ~Edward Abbey

Irover

• ---
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »
 ;D AllStays.com list the Walmarts and other stores with phone#'s; addresses; etc. Just call and ask. It also list all federal; state, county, city, overnight and regular campgrounds; plus if they are open year-round or not. Just a toss in for anyone interested! Irover
Don't ever give up!! keep pushing toward the goal!!!
USAEUR; 1st Armored Div., E Co.123rd Maintenance Btln. 71-74

Auntie Doni

• ---
    • my kitchen in the middle of the desert
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 08:33:37 PM »
Yup, I agree, Tucson is hostile about any overnighters in any parking lot.

WOW!  Maybe Tucson is over run by RVer's, mostly in the Winter, what with all of the snowbirds who want to save a buck.  Maybe the different small communities within Tucson don't have the man power/funding to patrol all of the Walmart parking lots, making sure that every one is safe.
Let's be honest, everyone loves to come to Southern Arizona, and yes, it's not Walmart but the different municipalities within the greater Tucson area who are against boondocking, FOR YOUR SAFETY!

Staff edit: Fix missing end quote tag
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:07:22 PM by Ned »

Northern Rambler

• ---
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 01:53:54 PM »
X-2 on the  walmartrving@yahoogroups.com

The moderator also does the files for the Discovery site . A person can get MS and Garmin Files at the Yahoo groups site .

Bill
Bill & Ruby , Milo (Cat) Prince (Sheltie)
1988 Vanguard 24',2014 Ford Focus Titanium , Blue Ox base plate ,Commander Tow Bar with adapters  , Protect-A-Tow 1952 Fargo Power Wagon  plow truck , 2000 Chevy Blazer SUV plow truck , 2012 F 150 SuperCrew 4X4

Lorna

• ---
    • Our itinerary
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 03:22:09 PM »
One of the reasons that Tucson is not allowing parking overnite in parking lots is because after 9/11 there were so many RVer's parking at the Walmart on Valencia for weeks on end and disobeying the overnite rule.  The campgrounds were not full because of 9/11 and complained about it to the different goverment offices about it.  So guess they ruled out all overnite parking. 
Lorna
Better to drive thy closet than pack thy suitcase
Want to know where we are?
http://whereis.nedreiter.com
Follow our trip of the USA at http://blog.usabyrv.us

Hosted by Over The Network