EPDM Coatings
Desert Valley RV Park
RV LED Bulbs offer Sponsored by Spotless Water Systems rvupgradestore.com Composet Products EVDO

Author Topic: 1992 Fleetwood Flair Heater core replacement (chevy 454 p30 class A)  (Read 954 times)

troym

I have a 1992 Chevy 454 P30 class A Fleetwood flair and noticed an antifreeze drip on the ground. I traced it to the heater core passenger section (not coming from radiator). I also have been living with very little heat, so I'm pretty sure its the heater core.

Two questions:
A. Can I replace it myself? I have tools and time but never done it before. If its accessible without removing body panels, I confident I can do it. I would need to find or be provided with some instructions.

B. Where would I find the replacement? Is it a common part that is still manufactured? Or one that will work as replacement?

Please advise
Troy

mypursuit

• ---
Re: 1992 Fleetwood Flair Heater core replacement (chevy 454 p30 class A)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:07:11 AM »
   For a replacement try Evans-Temcon.com.  They made heater and  A/C systems for some class A motorhomes.  I was able to get a blower motor with one no hassle phone call.   Don't know about replacing it yourself.  Somebody else may have an opinion on that.
"Never Miss A Good Chance To Shut Up"  Will Rogers

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 10:50:03 AM »
I am new to the forum, just purchased a 92 Fleetwood Flair 30A and the front brakes are seized.  It has a Chevy 454 in it with a Chevy chassis.  Where can I get a parts catalog or find part numbers?  Thanks.

dan2

• ---
  • 1988 Pace Arrow, P-30 GMC Upgrade, Banks, 03 F-150
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:04:27 AM »
Try rockauto.com.  :) I found my numbers and crossed to NAPA. I repaced both brake hoses on front and replaced the pads,
welcome and good luck.

Dan