EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Various questions about an italian RV in the U.S.  (Read 8941 times)

Francesca

• ---
News from Florida/Italy!
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 03:25:39 PM »
Hi everyone,
I wanted to let you know that my parents has arrived in the U.S. and everything is going well despite some difficulties.
As expected they didn't obtain a 9-month-authorisation although they have a return ticket, but the officer at the airport was very nice and gave them papers and the address of the nearest office where they'll apply to extend their status.
What really shocked me is that... their luggage wasn't inspected at all!!! :o
Thanks again,
Francesca

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Various questions about an italian RV in the U.S.
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 04:06:15 PM »
Good news Francesca. We hope they'll have a great time touring the USA. Please keep us updated on their adventure.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

M1894

• ---
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 04:18:48 PM »
Francheska, I hope they have as good a time here as my wife and I had in Italy. I wouldn't mind coming back for another visit, but I would appreciate it if you would not let Gemona shake on us again. We had been in Gemona in the morning, and was in Pordone having dinner when everything started shaking. Your country is beautiful, and the people were great every where we went.

Lee
LEE & PEGGY
1996 BLUEBIRD 40 ft./W Tag
1984 FC35SB Bluebird (Given to eldest son)
1 TeraTrike Rover Recumbent Tricycle (Tadpole Type) (Wife's )
1 Catrike Trail Recumbent Tricycle [Tadpole Type]
2001 Chevrolet Cavalier [Tow]
FMCA F95946
GOOD SAM  LIFE MEMBER
ESCAPEES SKP# 106592
Arkansas

Francesca

• ---
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 07:00:40 AM »
Lee,
I'm happy you and your wife enjoyed your stay in Italy.
Unfortunately hearthquakes were frequent in the last years, but I hope you'll be able to come to Europe again and have a great time.
Francesca

Francesca

• ---
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2013, 09:27:24 PM »
Hello everyone!
Today it's exactly 5 months since my parents arrived in Miami from Italy and finally I joined them in the U.S.! We are now in Colorado and I'm visiting Colorado and Utah with them before going back to Italy in 3 weeks.
I wanted to let you know that they obtained an extension of their non-immigrant visa, so they're staying until october. They waited some time, but it's possible to get it!
They are going to leave from Washington D.C. and are mainly concerned about 2 things:
- are there campgrounds in Washington,  New York, Boston and Chicago were they could stay and go visiting the cities by public transportation?
- what is the best way to sell their motorhome before leaving?
I would greatly appreciate your suggestions.
Thank you very much as always,
Francesca

Michael Holden

• ---
  • Southwind 36E
    • Michael Holden General Contractor
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013, 05:13:35 PM »
Both tough questions! What size RV did they buy? If its a van size (class B) or small (<25') class C they shouldn't really have any problem driving right into any of those cities. ...or at least close enough to avail themselves of public transportation. They should be prepared to pay for parking though.
As for selling the RV, that's really tough. Try Craigslist online, or perhaps dealerships, but be prepared to lose a lot of value, and whatever they do, don't let on that they have to sell it in a hurry!
You must be back home by now?
Cummington, MA
(Pop. 900)

Hosted by Over The Network