So excited to point south!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

s2kskibum

Still a month and a half away, but my wife and I are excited to put our rv into its intended role - exploring Mexico and further south. Our first shakedown will be about six weeks, give or take - fairly quick loop down the gulf coast, around the yucatan, side trip to San Cristobal, then across above Mexico City to visit friends at Lake Chapala, hopefully Hacienda Conteras to meet Kevin and Ruth(!), PV, Mazatlan, Las Glorias, Hermisillo, and back to winter in Denver. Our '94 seems ready and up to the task - trying to prepare for the worst but I think the rig is ready. Lots of tools, oils and filters, probably some food and clothes!

Planning on leaving Denver Christmas day.

I will probably blog, although I have no idea how to start one! Not any more worried about safety than I would be here in the US, so no comments about that, please (believe me when I say I can take care of myself and my wife w/o a firearm!).

Anyone else headed south? I'm always good for a beer or three!

Sounds like a great trip! I hope to be doing a similar trip once I get some wheels.

Three weeks in, been a blast! Had to have the front seal replaced in the tranny, part overnighted from Mexico City. With $20 American tips to each of the mechanics (4) anyone want to guess the total cost?! Nothing but waves and smiles, and we have travelled into the backcountry! Sleeping at Pemex stations as needed, by the side of the road, Walmarts, and RV parks. Headed to a beach east of Chetuma (just north of Belize) today for a few days, then up and around the Yucatan. People who think Mexico is dangerous need to look around their own backyard first - we have never felt threatened or endangered - quite the opposite! (dropping the tranny, disassembly, replace front seal, new fluid 16+ qts, <$500 American). I would recommend anyone doing this!

If you wish to start a blog and you have a Google account then go here:

http://www.blogger.com/home?pli=1

If you don't have a Google account you can create one in a minute or two. Sounds like an exciting trip.

Back
Top Bottom