Residential Compact Frig in trailer Conversion? Is it OK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

downtheroad7

My husband and I are so excited about renovating a 1976 Argosy 24'. She's beautiful!!! Not really, but she will be! Why do we need to spend hundreds of dollars on an 'rv' 2-way compact frig? Isn't it alright to install an all-electric frig connected to an inverter with an extra battery for the trailer to draw from, and even a  portable generator for that occasional spot where no electricity is found? I keep seeing the word 'fire' in so many post concerning RV frigs. Do I need to be worried? Can we convert to a residential (all elec) compact frig? What do we need to do to be safe? (I should have chosen a different username: like 'KNOWNOTHING') lol

Sure you can use a electric-only fridge - many people do.  You just need to be sure you have battery capacity for the inverter hours you may need once in awhile.

Gary,
Thanks so much. We just got such a good deal on a compact frig at Costco! So glad we don't have to return it. ha ha   
Picking up our little Argosy (or as I call her: 'Baby') tomorrow. How much fun this is going to be!
Thanks again...

Back
Top Bottom