Question for those of you towing Jeeps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

Fellow Jeepers,
I have a couple of questions for you folks...first, have you found a Jeep Forum you would recommend?  Second, we recently purchased a new Rubicon and are experiencing wind noise when driving on the freeway/highway.  Are any of you experiencing this?  I'm trying to find a fix for it.  I am thinking of taking the two hard top panels off and putting in sometype of cushion before re appling the panels and see if that fixes it.  I'm open to any ideas?  I love my jeep but my DH hates the wind noise and I know he'll drive me crazy talking about it until I can figure some way to fix it!!

TIA,
Mikie

4ducksrus said:
Fellow Jeepers,
I have a couple of questions for you folks...first, have you found a Jeep Forum you would recommend?  Second, we recently purchased a new Rubicon and are experiencing wind noise when driving on the freeway/highway.  Are any of you experiencing this?  I'm trying to find a fix for it.  I am thinking of taking the two hard top panels off and putting in sometype of cushion before re appling the panels and see if that fixes it.  I'm open to any ideas?  I love my jeep but my DH hates the wind noise and I know he'll drive me crazy talking about it until I can figure some way to fix it!!

TIA,
Mikie

Try this one http://www.wranglerforum.com/.  I have found some great advice there although many on it seem to be Jeepers against the world types and look down their noses at those of us who bought Jeeps with no intention of taking off the doors, roof etc.  I've not experienced any wind noise, but the Jeep is not a quiet vehicle to begin with.  As you mentioned, just take off the two front tops and put them back on again to see if that helps.  I would think that putting in some cushioning would not be the way to go.

Hi, Mikie. I may not have the perfect answer but can relate to your problem.

I have an old 2000 Wrangler TJ and when I got it the wind noise over the front was horrendous.
I found that the 2 clamping devises that tighten down the roof section did not perform their 100% duty. I resorted to shortening the the clamp travel by simple inserting a wood screw in the linkage so that more pressure would be applied to help seal the front edge.  Hope this makes sense. Fixed my problem perfectly.

Since it is a new Rubicon it seems to me that the dealer should be consulted and told to fix it.

I used the  www.jeepforum.com  a couple of times with success.

jeepforum.com or wranglerforum.com or jkowners.com or google "adventure travel forums" if you want to see other vehicles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom