Greetings From Interior Alaska!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JHanson907

New to 'big time' world of RV'ing and new to this forum.  We spent all summer looking at scad's of used Class A Pusher Diesel type RV's all over the web (and the country) and bought a '95 Winnebago Luxor in August.  All were beautiful machines, however the clincher was interior head room.  I'm 6' 8" tall and just didn't find many RV's with the kind of head room I need to be comfortable.  Found the original brochure on the web for the Luxor's that had the spec's at 80" ceiling height, and by golly it was true.  Bought ours in San Diego, CA, and the sellers were most gracious in helping us to learn about the RV, systems, etc., before we hit the road.  We could tell they hated to see it go, but they had kids in college and had to make some changes, I guess.  In late October we took our first road trip in a round-a-bout fashion up to Tacoma, WA.  Altogether covered 1400 miles, had a great trip, got a solid 10 MPG(!), loved driving the RV up the freeway and highways, and learned a lot about our new 'home on wheels'. 

We have the Luxor into a storage area w/ a large overhead roof parking area so it will be out of the rain but will still get good air flow to help keep things dried out.  We live (most of the year) outside Fairbanks, Alaska, and we have been here on or off for the last 32+ years.  We are making plans for retirement, however, and getting this wonderful Coach RV and setting it up for quick get-aways out of Tacoma, WA is a part of the plan.  Going to run away for the winters! 

We'll be asking many questions about the Luxor in particular and RV'ing in general as we learn, and do, more.  Hopefully there are experienced owners of this RV on the forum that can answer questions that are specific to this model. 

Happy to be here, and very excited to enter the world of RV'ing on a 'good part of the year' basis!  8)

Back
Top Bottom