Nutty Dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmugs

To preface: We are in Sahuarita/Green Valley, Az (south of Tucson). This area has miles of pecan groves, so I stopped on a side road to pilfer a couple handfuls the other day. That evening Bindi watched intently as I cracked several, so I gave her a little piece. That brought her out of her comfy chair to dance at my feet for more, so she got a few more.

Today on the way to town I stopped to grab a few more. When we came out of the.store there was Bindi in the passenger seat shucking her own pecans. She had shells all over the seat and all I could was LMAO.

BTW....she eats all kinds of veggies and fruit too.

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The pecans can kill dogs. Please read and spread the word.
http://www.petinsurance.com/healthzone/pet-articles/pet-health-toxins/Nut-Dangers-to-Dogs.aspx

Oh good grief, Dream, I had no idea nuts could cause such dangerous conditions. Thank you very much for this info. NO MORE NUTS for our little girl!!!!

Bindi is my first indoor animal (besides a Chinese water dragon I used to have in a tank). I was raised on a ranch and taught animals do nott belong in the house. It was after some convincing from Margie that we got a small INDOOR dog....as long as there was little to no shedding.

Bindi is a rescue with a bum left shoulder that causes her to walk funny (literally)....almost a "tripod". She "gets along" very well and loves to go for walks.

We have grown to love her very much and tho we don't "baby" her, we will do anything to see she is healthy and happy. Again, we thank you for this valuable lesson. Now, I'll be researching other veggies/fruits before allowing Bindi to have them.

In traveling back and forth to Indiana to take furnishings, BJ our dog has learned to step on the window switch in the back door and lower the window.  It's so funny, well it was but now its dog puts window down, human puts window up, dog down, human up, the other day I locked it and could hear him repositioning himself on the arm rest.  I have to think he was trying to figure out why it wouldn't go down.  Aren't animals something else?  Would be a boring world without them.

My MIL convniced me to leave him with her and I'm lost, I hope they will be ok.  She said he heard me on the phone and stuck his nose in it, but of course he can't talk! , yet! ::)

Hope your litle dog is ok.

Yeah, Bindi is just fine. She only had a few small pieces of pecan before Dream gave us the link. We're ever so grateful.

Bindi used to do the window trick in the back seat of our SUV (traded it off) till I learned to keep the lock engaged. The van has a radio control in the back and she is constantly changing the station. We have.'t checked out her reaction to the phone thing yet.

Yup, Bindi is a great source of comic relief for us  ;D

That little stunt caused us some consternation. We had stopped for gas on our very first rv trip, I pulled away from the pumps and got out for a stretch while my wife was in Tim's picking up coffee. I had just closed the door when thought uh oh and went to get my keys out of the ignition. Too late, Dumb Dawg jumped on the door switch.  :'(
I popped the sliding window, hmmm, that was too easy, then enlisted a skinny kid to crawl through and retrieve the keys with formerly mentioned Dumb Dawg licking his face in greeting. The current truck does not have a armrest mounted door switch. ;D

Our newest truck has locked hubby out twice and me once.  I leave a window down or carry extra keys in my purse.  I told them at the dealership and they said no that isn't happening he must just be bumping the key.  Well he left the key laying in the cupholder on the middle armrest and I had left it in the ignition when I heard a beep beep click.

They are going to have a chat happen soon, they are not telling us that is not happening.

The door locks would sometimes activate themselves on the SUV we used to have. Long ago I developed the habit of pulling keys before getting out of a vehicle, but there came the day I stepped out for some odd reason and didn't grab them. Wouldn't ya know....dern thing decided to lock that time. Luckily, I was only a couple blocks from home, so I took a little stroll to fetch Margie's keys. Soon as I unlocked I pulled the fuse so it would only lock with the key or manually inside. There didn't seem to be anything else on that circuit, so I left it that way.

Our dog ''Gus'' loves sun flower seeds.  I found this out the hard way on a trip where I would dump the seeds on the center console and eat them and spit the hull out of the window.  I noticed that Gus would sneak up on the console and steal one seed.  He would go behind the recliner and actually crack the seed open with his teeth and eat the seed.  He will come back and get another one and do the same until the seeds run out.  They dont seem to hurt him and he seems to just love them.  He has taught the other two dogs to eat them also.  ''Finnie'' eats a few and stops and ''Gypsy'' has a harder time cracking them and seperating the goodie from the hull.
I once bought the ''cracked out kind'' and the dogs will not eat them for some reason.  I guess it is the oil that they are cooked in ........

Vets won our freedom...... Say thank you to our vets .....cj

Attachments

• imported march 2012 055 (800x600).jpg
    imported march 2012 055 (800x600).jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OR-River-Runner