If your entry looks tired~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie Ekberg

With a little work, it could look like this:

Attachments

• DSC01712(smaller).jpg
    DSC01712(smaller).jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 474
Ernie - What is the black stair tread in the first picture made of.  Plastic?  Rubber?  Where would I look for this product in Oregon?  Loews?  Home Depot?  I would like to adapt this idea to the interior stairs in our fifth wheel.  Thanks!

Margi

I really like that first one.

But how about if it's just me that looks tired? ???

Ernie,

We may have to redo my entry one of these years.  I know Pat would like the wood instead of carpet.  Now how to keep the insulation and have wood!  :)

Tom and Margi said:
Ernie - What is the black stair tread in the first picture made of.  Plastic?  Rubber?  Where would I look for this product in Oregon?  Loews?  Home Depot?  I would like to adapt this idea to the interior stairs in our fifth wheel.  Thanks!

Margi

Not sure where Ernie got his, but both Lowe's and Home Depot have rubber and vinyl stair treads. Probably could also find them at an Ace Hardware or a rug/flooring store.

Does that second one have a trapdoor that slides out to cover the steps? That's a pretty neat way to make sure someone doesn't fall down them during transit.

Mylo

mylo said:
Does that second one have a trapdoor that slides out to cover the steps? That's a pretty neat way to make sure someone doesn't fall down them during transit.

Mylo

Mylo, that's a pretty standard feature on front door DP's as the front seat passengers feet need a place to rest.

BruceinFL said:
Not sure where Ernie got his, but both Lowe's and Home Depot have rubber and vinyl stair treads. Probably could also find them at an Ace Hardware or a rug/flooring store.

Thanks!  I'll just have to poke around and see what I can turn up.  I really like this idea. 

Margi

Hi all, I have been busy all day. The treads are commercial rubber manufactured by Roppe in Ohio. Lowes, Home Depot, Menards do not have this quality. The ones I have seen at those stores are paper thin. On those 2 coaches there is a stepwell cover that slides out with air. Some manufacturers use an electric motor- which is my preference as you have to have air in your tank to operate it.
On 5th wheels, there is a commercial rubber tile that can be used, plus a stairnose rubber. 
A full service retail store can also get these treads.
I like these treads as they have the raised round circles vs the lines that dirt gets trapped in.
I installed one  of those on my previous coach on the outside step. While it matched in color and style for a while- the UV rays turned it  a chalky gray.- So not for exterior use.
JCZ- I'm tired too, and after beating old ceramic tile into submission on this current coach- look it, too.

I know that I can't do everyones coach- but I can give advice- so ask away

Just Lou said:
Mylo, that's a pretty standard feature on front door DP's as the front seat passengers feet need a place to rest.

Ah, makes sense. I have never seen the inside of one.

Mylo

Ernie,

You do great work! I hope someday we can have you re-do our entry and carpet. It's very tired after 13 years of fulltiming.  :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom