If your entry looks tired~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ernie

Or how about Corian.....

Attachments

• Corian step 3.JPG
    Corian step 3.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Corian step 4.JPG
    Corian step 4.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 175
Ernie,

If the steps in my 5W are carpeted, can I put down the rubber treads over the carpet or does the carpet have to be removed first?

BruceinFL said:
Ernie,

If the steps in my 5W are carpeted, can I put down the rubber treads over the carpet or does the carpet have to be removed first?

I certainly am not an expert, but can't imagine an instance where you can put the rubber tread over the carpet. I'm sure it has to be glued down with contact cement, directly to the substrate that your carpet covers.

Mylo

mylo said:
I certainly am not an expert, but can't imagine an instance where you can put the rubber tread over the carpet. I'm sure it has to be glued down with contact cement, directly to the substrate that your carpet covers.

Mylo
YUP- what he said

And it looks fantastic, especially with the wider entry on the Queen Mary (Terry & Betty's coach).

Another great look and durable combination for an RV Entry Way is that of Wood or Laminate accented with Porcelain Tile or Luxury Vinyl Tile trim.

Often times, one element overlooked when simply catering your selection to durability is the design and/or safety element attached to an accented entry.  While this photo of a coach that we recently finished looks great, it also accents each step so that when it is dark outside, it is easier to see the height of the riser and the start of the tread.  If an entry way is simply done in one material, it is harder to see the edge of each step in a darker environment.  It's an unusual perspective on the subject, but defining each step with contrast is a good safety tip, and an even better visual design.

Attachments

• Entry - Stairs.jpg
    Entry - Stairs.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 168
Nice coach, Terry.
I don't put wood on the steps, themselves. They look good at first but dirt will grind the finish right off.

Did not like the black school bus rubber treads so I did mine in marble

http://i46.tinypic.com/2dbjsw7.jpg

The treads I use - bus districts can't afford them. I put granite in my old coach and the first time it got wet- we slipped. Hope yours stay dry. and getting rid of that tired berber on your sidewalls-

Ernie Ekberg said:
The treads I use - bus districts can't afford them. I put granite in my old coach and the first time it got wet- we slipped. Hope yours stay dry. and getting rid of that tired berber on your sidewalls-
.Its actually not slipery and looks better in real life even more  than it does in the picture.The tired berber as u like to say is good quality,colour matches and is a good mix with the marble.Takes that rubber tread u use from retired  school buses right out of the picture.

Back
Top Bottom