AirCam and Verizon Mifi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Has anyone gotten AirCam to run using Verizon Mifi?

AirCam is a wonderful iPhone and Android product.  It allows me to take my iPhone4 into town and view what is happening back at my motorcoach.  I hook a camera up to the laptop (and/or use the integrated camera) and it allows me to hear and see what the laptop hears and sees.

Except I so far have been unable to make it work through my Mifi.  It wants universal plug and play to be turned on in the router.  I can go to the part of the Verizon Access manager which manages things like port forwarding, ip address, MAC settings, etc but nowhere do I see how to manage or turn on and off UPnP (Universal Plug and Play).  The AirCam instructions say UPnP must be turned on and I am hoping this may be the problem.

Need help from anyone who knows about this sort of thing or anyone who has succeeded in getting AirCam to work via the Mifi.  I had AirCam lite working fine through a Linksys router this summer.  Now I want to get the full version working through Verizon Mifi but can' even get the light version to work.

Help?

Smoky

I suspect you will not have any luck with this.  I use a MiFi and also have a Windows Home Server which can be set up to access from the "outside".  I had it working before when I had Hughesnet satallite service, but have never been able to get it to work with the MiFi.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OR-River-Runner
Back
Top Bottom