older diesel w/out slides or newer gasser with slides...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mblaster

Thats the question.
I'm ready to move up from a C class
What would you guys get given the limited RV budget.
I do tow a 21ft jet boat in summer and dirt bikes in the winter.
We have a 2 boys to camp with too.

That's a question you'll have to answer.

Once you have a slide or more you will not go without but there is no question the older pusher will handle hauling the trailer better.  The DP should handle and ride better as well.

Tough call and onlyyu can make it.
Most diesels are built of sturdy chassis and have quality air suspensions, though there have been a number of lower priced models on leaf spring chassis in the past. And some of those had wimpy engines and mediocre transmissionsas well.

Late model gas chassis are excellent and have done away with the weakneses of their earlier brethren.A Workhorse W-series chassis (2001 and later) or a Ford V10 chassis is a very capable platform up to about 20-22,000 lbs of eicle weight 926,000 lbs combined weight).  If that's enough for your rig and trailers, consider gas. If not, go with diesel.

I would pick an older, high-line rig over a newer entry level one everytime, though. I thnk you get more value for the dollar  in a used high end motorhome.

Looking at prices it seems a 00-02 gasser with slides can be had between 45-55K.
That looks like the way I will go though I'd love to have the DP.
Next one after the gas A.   

National makes some nice rigs.
I've been looking at some.
How do they compare with the competion...Fleetwood,Winnibago,etc.?

Back
Top Bottom