Setting a new trend for my Komfort Trendsetter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ssharper

I have a 89 Komfort Trendsetter.  We bought it 2-3 years ago.  It was well taken care of by the previous owners.

We have a rather large family - 9 kids - and we love to travel with our kids, both short trips and longer ones to visit family.

When we first bought the RV - we removed the two single beds in the back bed room and installed two sets of 3 bunks (sleeps 4 singles and two bunks for the little guys and girls to share.  My wife and I sleep up front in the fold down couch.

Here is where we are now two years later.  During a trip last year - the engine had to have some repair, belt broke, and now doesn't seem to run as cool and efficient as before.  That aside - the outside paneling has begun to separate and come loose and we have some mildew issues.  We are also thinking about how to redo the interior to better suit our color schemes (original pink and coral is what we have now) and space.

My questions or requests for insights is:
1. how to reseal the outside paneling
2. what would I be looking at if I even started to consider remodeling the interior
2.1 - just an interior facelift
2.2 - gut the entire thing and re-figure the floor plan.

Thanks for all your insights and ideas.

Scott

I am in the middle of remodeling/ repairing the bathroom in my winne. I was thinking it would be a quick job since it is so small, WRONG. The previous owner/ owners did not repair anything. The ball valve to the potty was bad, skylight and window leaked and messed up the wood. Shower faucet was bad. I too have the pink interior colors.

It has taken me a while longer to get it fixed and updated and a little more money than I was expecting but I am a perfectionist. I am alot better mechanic than carpenter so cutting and installing the wood took a while longer than someone that is wood handy. If you have the skills then do what you feel comfortable with. Either just a small update or a total gut. I went ahead and did a total gut so I know it is good to go. Just remember one thing leads to another so plan accordingly.

Good luck and post pictures!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom