Strange way to get kicked out of Walmart parking lot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

singlemom7

So my daughter and I are sitting at Walmart in rose dale Cali where we were told we could overnight no problem.  We stepped out of rv to check something and a business card was laying on the ground.  Since I hate litter I picked it up and it was a business card from property manager stating on back "no overnight parking per city ordinance, thx bob". No knock or anything.  We are lucky to have found card.

Walmart and SAMs management.  Really don't want to upset anyone so after we are done today with everything we will go.  Just thought if you really wanted to get us the message maybe knock?

Not sure, I read up on a website that says from one minute to the next they change their mind.  I'm sure property mgmt just is not talking to Walmart mgmt.

Usually, if it's city ordinance, there'll be signs posted stating such.

Being a Wal Mart, I'm sure that you weren't the first.  Maybe they didn't knock because they were trying to be courteous.....just letting you know not to stay a second night.

So you're between Hwy. 99 and I-5, down by Bakersfield?

No signs at all posted, I am known to read signs more since getting the rig.  Thank God I picked up the trash he left or I might have landed a ticket.  Just letting everyone know that this Walmart is kinda a grey area.

That being said the people in the stores here are very nice.

If I got this right, you didn't ask to stay at this particular Walmart or go inside and inform them you were there? I is or should be common knowledge that not all Walmarts can allow over night parking. You should always regardless of any internet listings go inside and ask to stay because of these different regulations and just common courtesy as it is their business and not our right to stay!

I did go in to both stores as I was shopping and the mgmt for both stores said we were welcome, however, I am seeing this was not their decision to make.

But yes, I know to go talk to mgmt and do so each time I choose to parking lot it for the night.

I guess my questions is:  Who has the upper authority, WM or property management?  I would go back into WM and ask.

Fran

singlemom7 said:
So my daughter and I are sitting at Walmart in rose dale Cali where we were told we could overnight no problem.  We stepped out of rv to check something and a business card was laying on the ground.  Since I hate litter I picked it up and it was a business card from property manager stating on back "no overnight parking per city ordinance, thx bob". No knock or anything.  We are lucky to have found card.

On the business card,what property did it say he managed?

Paul

It does not state which one only that we are not allowed. 

I am not trying to upset the apple cart so we will just vacate in a couple of hours.  My daughter is in Walmart right now purchasing some items, we ate breakfast at McDonald's and another restaurant here in the lot.  I just disagree with litter....l.lol

I believe I would take the card into the Walmart, and ask the manager about it.  Sounds to me like it was just some person who didnt want you to stay there.

Paul

Yeah, unfortunately the property mgmt overrides Walmart.  In every case we have found its not Walmart but the landlord.  I get mad too easy at crap like this so I'll just be moving along......whole purpose anyway huh?

You give up easier than I would.  :)  I would have a little fun by taking the business card to the Walmart manager before I left town.

Paul

How long were you trying to stay there? You say you had breakfast and lunch there already. I don't think we are hearing the full story here of your expections,

We stayed here last night.......we planned on leaving here when we got done shopping today.

Unrealistic goal?  I'm new but feel I did my part.  I've been wrong before.

Is there a fuller story out there? Lol

Business card can not be considered a "LEGAL" document, not if it's ON GROUND and not been handed to you.

Further, if management at stores says they have no problem, and no signs saying differently, then you can stay OVERNIGHT. But, I would move my "Rig" to another spot in parking lot, and leave tomorrow for sure. Some (and I) believe two nights at one Walmart store is over doing it.

See ya on down the road.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom