Bryce Canyon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labowner

We decided to travel West again this year from PA.? Hoping to meet up with daughter and family from California.? We would like to meet them at Bryce Canyon.? Any suggestions on place for them to stay near a campground that we can use.? The grandkids like to stay in the motorhome.? Daughter and husband possibly use a lodge.? The kids ages 5 and 7.? Also, any biking trails that are easy for children to use.? Any activities that you might suggest for the kids.

labowner

Ruby's Inn outside of Bryce just before the entrance has a campground (very nice) and also a lodge.  We have stayed in the campground and liked it.  We will probably stay there again in a couple of weeks on our way to Moab.

Just looked it up in Trailer Life and they have eight rental units at the campground and the RV sites are $24-27 per night besides the Inn and there is also a General Store there.

I was looking at Ruby Inn Campground and thought it looked nice.  My daughter and husband will probably want to stay at the lodge.  Thanks for the verification, its always nice to know someone that has stayed at the campground.  Thanks again, Judy

[Ruby's Inn outside of Bryce just before the entrance has a campground (very nice) and also a lodge.? We have stayed in the campground and liked it]

Lorna, the? customer reviews in? www.RVparkReviews.com? indicate this park has narrow roads with tight spaces that? are very close together and difficult to maneuver in the park.? As we are heading there in a couple of days I would like to know your opinion.? ?Recall we are forty feet with? a turning radius close to the Queen Mary.? We may also stay at the KOA in Cannonville.? What do you think?

Betty

in Torrey, Utah
at Thousand Lakes RV park

Betty,

We stayed there two years ago and I don't remember any problem parking or getting out. Since we out larger tires on the Windsor, it takes six lanes to turn around it's 41 ft length. I think this moves us into "Queen mary" territory!!

>>Lorna, the  customer reviews in  www.RVparkReviews.com  indicate this park has narrow roads with tight spaces that  are very close together and difficult to maneuver in the park.  As we are heading there in a couple of days I would like to know your opinion.  Recall we are forty feet with  a turning radius close to the Queen Mary.  We may also stay at the KOA in Cannonville.  What do you think?<<

Ken

btw. I still like Zion more than Bryce. Stayed at a campground just outside the west entrance on the south side of the road. Had a spot  backing up to the Virgin River. Asked if I could make it a "pullin", nose to the river and they said sure, but the hookups would work. Just used a power cord extention and forgaot the water and sewer. At night with the melt off from the day the river keeps rising until after midnight.

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the word on the campgrounds.  We should have a  "turning around"  contest in the desert of Quartzsite.  I think we are in the 6 lane category when in need of a U turn.  Oh boy, I see a rally activity in the making!!

We are certainly enjoying this part of Utah.

Betty

Betty I agree with Ken and Sheila that Ruby's Inn and Campground has plenty of room for big rigs.  Hope you enjoy Bryce as much as we did and also liked Zion a lot.  They are totally different, but unique in their own way.

Betty Brewer said:
Lorna, the  customer reviews in  www.RVparkReviews.com  indicate this park has narrow roads with tight spaces that  are very close together and difficult to maneuver in the park.  As we are heading there in a couple of days I would like to know your opinion.  Recall we are forty feet with  a turning radius close to the Queen Mary.

Betty,

I do not agree with the review.  The full hookup spots at Ruby's Inn are typical angular pull through spots.  I happen to like a particular back in spot because of the view but, it too is large enough for your rig.

Phil

Betty,

Are you going to Capital Reef?? if so I would like a report, please. It on my list of places to vist soon.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom