Comments on this Yellowstone plan??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Minnesotajeff

OK, after SEVERAL changes of our minds, now we're thinking of doing this route and I'm looking for feedback. We're pulling a TT from Minnesota. We're looking at driving to West Yellowstone and staying there for 3 days to explore the park. From there we'll head down to Flagg Ranch for 3 days to give us the opportunity to checkout the Teton NP and Jackson Hole area, then from there we'll drive through yellowstone and out the east entrance to Cody for 2-3 days.  I know everyone has their favorites on what to see and where to stay, but I'm mostly looking for comments on the driving route pulling the trailer. Thanks everyone!

Just went from West Yellowstone to Cody a? month ago? and found it to be quite slow.
There is a large construction project on the main road to or from west Yellowstone to the east entrance.
I think the road is actually closed at night.
Spent over an hour waiting for the flag man? so you will have to be patient. Not sure what the traffic is like
this time of the summer, but I assume it is heavier than when we went through.
Good luck.

Better plan would be to stay at Fishing Bridge campground in Yellowstone.  It is almost in the center.  West yellowstone is a looonnnggg drive from there.  From Fishing Bridge you can easily visit all areas of Yellowstone on day trips.  You could spend 4-5 days in Yellowstone and not see everything.  It is one BIG place.  If you go to Fishing Bridge, make a reservation.

Flag Ranch is a very nice campground and a good choice for viewing the Tetons.  I was very disappointed with Jackson Hole.  Just a big tourist trap. 

I highly recommend Grizzly RV Park if you are going to West Yellowstone.  It is soooo clean and has beautiful grassy areas for each site.

Back
Top Bottom