What's this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

99WinAdventurer37G

I was on my roof, my antenna broke and cracked my front AC cover.  So I went onto the roof to put some silicone on it until I can get a replacement.  And I noticed this weird thing on the roof.  That's the shower cap in the back of the picture, but they are over the wall separating the shower from the dining room.  Is the grey water vented there?

Attachments

• roof vents.jpg
    roof vents.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 138
The one with the mushroom cap on it is most likely the black tank vent.  I would say that the other vents the grey tank.  I just replaced my mushroom cap with one of the swivel vents that looks like a shark fin.  The mushroom cap can prevent the black tank from venting well if the wind is blowing a certain way. 

Ok, thanks all.  The owner before me kept meticulous records.  I'll just need to go through all of these reciepts to find out what he did.  I've found new toilet, new fridge, new tv, etc.. receipts and manuals already, so a receipt is bound to be in there. 

afchap said:
My guess would be the opposite because someone has already put the aftermarket venturi type cap on it ...most folks would vent black before gray.

I'm with you on this one Paul. I think the 3" vent pipe with the flow thru tee cap will be black tank and the mushroom will be a 1 1/2 pipe and be connected to the grey water.

Ken

my 37g has the vent that pivots like a weather vane . the idea is that it always turns the septic vent away from the wind so that wind pressure doesnt pressurize your plumbing system and allow sewer gases into the mh. i dont know if its just the picture or not but your vent seems to have an awful lot of caulking around it .maybe the previous owner changed it.  if the tee was facing forward it could possibly be forcing air into your plumbing and causing a smell inside after you have travelled. my brother had that problem with his tt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom