Earth Roamer - I was impressed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowell

Spotted this in a Arizona grocery store parking lot.  Very solid looking truck camper.

Attachments

• 1207121052a.jpg
    1207121052a.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 263
Actually they are not Truck Campers but Expedition Vehicles i.e Off Road Motorhomes. The bodies cannot be detached like a TC.

Robert Ryan said:
Actually they are not Truck Campers but Expedition Vehicles i.e Off Road Motorhomes. The bodies cannot be detached like a TC.

True!  I talked to the young fella that was driving it.  He said his folks had intended to take it to Europe but decided that Ford parts may be difficult to get in Russia. So they kept this one and bought something similar on a Mercedes chassis.  Must be nice to have funds

He said his folks had intended to take it to Europe but decided that Ford parts may be difficult to get in Russia. So they kept this one and bought something similar on a Mercedes chassis
How Very Very true!!! :) The Saga our our Dick Smith (Australian adventurer who  was the first to circumnavigate the Globe in a helicopter)and a Ford Chassised Earthroamer, is probably well known amongst Expedition people. Certainly  a Unicat  on a  Large HDT/MDT Isuzu,MAN, Scania, Mercedes or Fuso chassis would be a better bet.

They are really nice vehicles I had one in the ford diesel shop I use to run. Problem with the ones like this is the high pressure fuel pump is on the back of the engine and they had problems. To repair them the cab must come off.

Seriously one of the most badass RVs I have ever seen! For the ultimate boondocker! Crazy expensive - but craftsmanship seems second to none. This is what I would buy if I had no kids, (and therefore much more disposable income).

Mylo

Problem with the ones like this is the high pressure fuel pump is on the back of the engine and they had problems. To repair them the cab must come off.
Outside NA,  that and lack of parts are a real problem.

mylo said:
Seriously one of the most badass RVs I have ever seen! For the ultimate boondocker! Crazy expensive - but craftsmanship seems second to none. This is what I would buy if I had no kids, (and therefore much more disposable income).

Mylo

Here' another that would be fun:  http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2011/4/1/You-Thought-Your-Truck-Was-Tough-7702852/

Earth roamer was by far our favorite RV at the overland expo we attended - but the $550k price and year plus waiting list was not for us - so we did the poor man's earth roamer -

Bulletproofed F550 4x4 diesel with truck camper.  Saved over half a mil ;-)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom