How about wood on your slide?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie Ekberg

like this:

Attachments

• DSC01806.JPG
    DSC01806.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 459
  • DSC01803.JPG
    DSC01803.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 412
  • DSC01804.JPG
    DSC01804.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 349
  • DSC01805.JPG
    DSC01805.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 350
http://i49.tinypic.com/35avgcp.jpg

Edit: moderator made url clickable

Ernie,

How much difference in weight, carpet vs wood? Is the wood significantly higher?

I would think it would be like having a couple of friends in for the ride- not Sumo boys, of course

Ernie Ekberg said:
ticat900- is there any way to make that image larger?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2n0k8yo&s=6

http://i48.tinypic.com/21b0u94.jpg

this is 3/4 inch Brazilian cherry wood.

the wood looks awesome- is that silver metal with screws on the main floor?

Ernie Ekberg said:
the wood looks awesome- is that silver metal with screws on the main floor?
yes its  tile sluder trim I used for finish edge as the wood fit just under it same as tile then I used a flat silver metal trim
scewed against that for the finished look u see

Engineered, adhered. In coaches, I have seen the staples turn and come back thru the new material when they hit steel.

Wow Ernie ~ that's beautiful!!  We're in the DFW area and I would LOVE to have wood in our Dolphin.  Do you have a website for your business?

Thanks!

Gina

Gigi817 said:
Wow Ernie ~ that's beautiful!!  We're in the DFW area and I would LOVE to have wood in our Dolphin.  Do you have a website for your business?

Thanks!

Gina
all u do is read his post and its right there in front of you?

this time- handscraped walnut

Attachments

• DSC02137.JPG
    DSC02137.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC02138.JPG
    DSC02138.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC02141.JPG
    DSC02141.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 193
That's gorgeous, Ernie.  I would hate to walk on it :)

After weeks of reading and thinking, we tore out the carpet in back bunk room and bought 'floating style' laminate flooring for it. We went round and round on which boards to get and ended up getting 5/16" thick bamboo and a foam  barrier for underneath.

The question i have now: is the slide action going to mark up the floor?    Should we adjust the bolts outside that control the level of the extended slide?  The board fits extra snug, when the barrier is under it. When we held it in place and moved the slide a few inches - there is a subtle indentation from the slide.  Is that something we just 'live with' or is there something to do to prevent it?

We cut back the carpet right to the edge of the slide, but we don't see any way to cut it back any further.

Thank you Ernie for your invaluable advice.

every piece of flooring will scratch- not if- but when. Don;t mess with what the factory made- get some pieces of luxury vinyl planks and have the slide come in over those.
Those are super slick and a whole lot cheaper then those high dollar slide slickers

Back
Top Bottom