Made it to Pahrump, Preferred RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wstuart

Traveled down the I5 to McCloud then cut over to Susanville.
Had a good trip, and the sun has been out ever since we left.
Travelled to Death Valley yesterday, it was great.
2 weeks here then off to Las Vegas

Cheers.

Pahrump's a great place. If you only spent one day in Death Valley, you need to go back for more. Scotty's Castle is a great place if you missed it.

Wendy
Anza Borrego Desert State Park

McCloud is a nice little mountain town.  I hope you were able to spend a little time in their downtown area, just off the hwy.  And the four waterfalls (we've always referred to them as the McCloud Falls but I think they have a different name) are just a few steps off the parking lot.

Then a few miles further south on Hwy. 89 you have the Burney Falls....also very close to the parking lot.

Pahrump.....their claim to fame is that they have the closest brothel (legal) to Las Vegas. ;)  As suggested, you definately want to spend some time in Death Valley.....visit Scotty's Castle and the museum at Furnace Creek.  Also, if you enjoy ghost towns, just north of you is Rhyolite, Nv. (just a couple miles west of Beatty, Nv.).  http://www.nps.gov/deva/historyculture/rhyolite-ghost-town.htm

And even more interesting (and complete ghost town) for me was Gold Point, Nev. ( a bit north and west of Beatty about 30-45 min.)....  http://www.goldpointghosttown.com/    In Gold Point you can go in to some of those buildings.....they still have events and functions there and still make movies there.  It's authentic and unrestored.....about 7-8 miles off of the hwy. on a dead end road.

I go to Pahrump, NV, as FrontSight is close by, it's a 550 acre shooting range/course I enjoy.  The best hamburger in the world is there at Mom's Diner, 1240 State Street  Pahrump, NV 89048  (775) 751-9929  Call first for their hours, but the food is really good.  I just take an extra Lipitor.

We will be in Pahrump at Preferred RV from Feb 15 to April 1st as we are every year. Working in Benson until then so will miss the upcoming rallies. If anyone is in Pahrump then, stop in and say hi.

Great hints. I have been listing places to check out on our way to Or in the spring. Margie has not been to Nv and I have...she knows the Or coast so I know that will be a good time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom