EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: 8 months of travel  (Read 1225 times)

jnlo2000

• ---
    • RVSTATEOFMIND
8 months of travel
« on: December 16, 2012, 09:02:28 AM »
Our first 8 months of travel have been nothing short of amazing.  We have had good times and bad, (mostly good).  We have met some amazing folks along the way.  We have learned a great deal about ourselves and others and have decided that so far, this is most certainly the lifestyle for us.  Here is a quick summary of our jouneys so far!!  What have we learned?? 
a)- We both get very nervous on travel days.  It is definately better than when we started though! 
b)- TAILGATE (put it down or up when required and DO NOT FORGET)
c)- Research.  I love to research and am not as comfortable not knowing what we are getting into.  If we don't have a place to park, I will research many parks along the route just in case. 
d)- If you don't like it, move on.  Nothing wrong with being comfortable.
e)- SLOW DOWN.  We are not in a hurry.  Still working on DH on this one!  LOL
f)- 6 hours is really the most comfortable travel day.  Anything over that and it just gets ugly.  3-4 hours is ideal.  But 6 if we have to.
g)- The south has much less in the way of fire pits at sites, plan accordingly. 

Home (Shelter Island NY)-Foxboro MA- stayed 2 days to attend a wedding of a Navy buddy.
Foxboro MA-Elizabethtown PA- 1st working job (May 1-Oct 1.)
Elizabethtown PA-Hagerstown, MD- part time workamping job. (Oct 1-Nov 1)
Hagerstown, MD-Daytona FL.  Several stops along the way and dodging Hurricane Sandy the whole time. That was exciting!  Stayed in Daytona for 1 week to attend Good Sam Rally.
Daytona, FL-Campbellsville KY- (Nov 5-Nov 28) Several stops along the way and ending in Campbellsville to work for Amazon. 
Campbellsville KY- Nashville TN- Left after about 3 weeks.  Amazon did NOT work out..that's a story in and of itself. So we hooked up with fellow Amazon camperforce who were leaving as well and decided to go on an adventure!  Spent a week in TN.
Nashville TN-Foley AL- Stopped in Birmingham for the 2 days and headed to Foley AL. Spent a week in Foley on the Gulf Shore, it was FANTAStiC! 
Foley AL-Mayo FL- Caught up with some workamping friends from the summer taking in some sites at the state parks.
Mayo FL-Seffner, FL- Our current location at Lazydays in Seffner to visit family and friends.  Will be here until Dec 26.
UP AND COMING! 
Seffner FL-Bushnell FL- Our home until middle of Feb
Bushnell FL-FL Keys- 2 weeks in Feb in the keys to visit some snowbird friends from back home and take in some diving and fishing.
FL Keys-Fort Wilderness- 1st week in March.  We decided to stop at Disney for a week for our son's LAST school vacation before graduation in the spring.  He thinks he is a little too old for Disney, but you are NEVER too old for Disney!  Hopefully he will have a great time!
Fort Wilderness-Hilton Head- THis will begin our journey back north for our summer workamping job.  2 weeks at Hilton Head should give us plenty of time to soak up some rays before heading back to the chilly north.
Between April 1-15 we are heading for our summer home in Hagerstown, MD- Arrival date will depend on when we are needed back! 
Apr-Nov- Hagerstown MD- summer workamping home! Should be a great summer!
Nov-Mar- Vanderpool TX (winter volunteer workamping).
Jim and Lee Ann
And our pups Buster and Abby
US Navy Retired
2012 F350 DRW 
2013 Redwood 36RL

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
Re: 8 months of travel
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 10:02:50 AM »
  We decided to stop at Disney for a week for our son's LAST school vacation before graduation in the spring.  He thinks he is a little too old for Disney, but you are NEVER too old for Disney!  Hopefully he will have a great time!
Too old for Disney??? I have a two week reservation at Disney World in February and I am 64.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Favorite 2017 shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/y0HbMU5KYa2hx02E3
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1