Oh my, showing my age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bill dane

We are in Mississippi for the holidays with our Son and his family, grandchildren ages 12 and 14.  We were playing a game that required memory.  Have to confess that I can meet a group of people and a few minutes later maybe remember 1 persons name.  My excuse is--------I was born with a photographic memory------problem is they ran out of FILM that day--------.  Told that to the grandchildren to explain why I was loosing.  There was this blank stare from grandchildren ----------- the 12 year old finally ask-----  "what is FILM"?  Sigh----- guess I will go to the ICE BOX to get a BOTTLE of SODA POP.

Bill Dane    99 Country Coach  Allure

Tom,
    Cannot remember that far back.  Guess all those chemicals in the dark room  took its toll.

At one time, I worked as a keypunch operator. Try explaining that to someone under 40.

Wendy

Wendy said:
At one time, I worked as a keypunch operator. Try explaining that to someone under 40.

Wendy

Or "throwing the carriage" on a manual typewriter.  ;)

Margi

Actually PROCESSED flim in a genuine dark room.  Punched holes in cards, and in paper tape.. (How many here have done that)  Though I was never an expert at the cards I could read the hole patter,,,,, SLOWLY.

Film.. It's like the memory card in the camera.. You ran out of storage.

John From Detroit said:
Actually PROCESSED flim in a genuine dark room.  Punched holes in cards, and in paper tape.. (How many here have done that)  Though I was never an expert at the cards I could read the hole patter,,,,, SLOWLY.

Film.. It's like the memory card in the camera.. You ran out of storage.

I've done my share of film, though my darkroom experience is minimal, and I still have my Olympus OM-1 (from 1977), an OM-2 (purchased a lot later), an Argus C4 that belonged to my dad, and several others. I've done a few weddings, portraits, and some other stuff with film.

I've used a lot of paper tape and punched cards over the years, especially before about 1977. Mostly with AT&T (the original, not the upstart spinoff that "stole" the name).

As to showing age, there are way too many things of the past that today's youngsters don't even know about, let alone have experience with. Coke in glass bottles, typewriters, floor-mounted car starter switches, dash-mounted ignition keys, station wagons, metal toothpaste tubes, test patterns, and I've not even scratched the surface.

One more..... the little triangular door window in cars instead of the whole crank down window.

Back
Top Bottom